Love in Zimbabwe | Teen Ink

Love in Zimbabwe

January 7, 2010
By Katrina Beiter BRONZE, Angola, New York
Katrina Beiter BRONZE, Angola, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon a time there was a butterfly named Samantha. Samantha was a young butterfly in Zimbabwe. One day when Samantha was flying around town, and not paying attention to where she was going, she ran into a bee named Wesley. Wesley was a new bee in Zimbabwe. When Samantha flew into him, she was getting ready to yell at him but as she looked up she was speechless. It was like love at first sight.
“Oh, my! I'm so sorry. I should have been looking where I was going. Are you alright?” Wesley said.
Samantha replied saying “Yeah, I'm fine. It's my fault. I haven't seen you around here. Are you new in town?”
“Yes. I just moved here from Madina Lake. I moved up here because I got a new job at the Candy Mountain Factory. It's a factory that makes new candy and we test it on humans to make sure it's safe,” Wesley said.
“I know what that is,” Samantha said. “I work there too!”
“Well, it looks like we're going to see more of each other than,” Wesley replied happily.
“I guess so! Would you like me to show you around Zimbabwe?” said Samantha.
Wesley said “I would love that. Thank you!”
So Samantha showed Wesley all of Zimbabwe. She started with the book store next to the library, and then they moved to Samantha's favorite music store. Wesley also loved music very much, and ironically, they had the same taste in music! After the music store, Samantha showed Wesley the best restaurant in Zimbabwe. Wes didn't know if Samantha was trying to get him to go out on a date or if she was just showing him good places to eat.
“Are you hungry?” asked Wesley.
“Uh-mm, a little bit. Are you?” Samantha replied.
“Sorta. Would you like to eat at Subscene?”asked Wesley. “I'd like to see if it's as good as you say it is.”
“I would be delighted to!” Samantha said.
So they went to Subscene and ate their delicious food. They talked about many topics and found out that they had a lot more in common than just taste in music. It really was love at first sight. They fell in love quickly and decided that they should have a future together. Two years after they ran into each other and 7 months after he proposed, they got married. Samantha's best friend, Katrina the cow, was her maid of honor. Wesley's best man was Austin. Austin is a turtle.
After the wedding, Samantha, Wesley, Katrina, and Austin all went to Subscene. Then Samantha and Wesley went home to pack for their honeymoon to Candytopia. When they came back Samantha found out that she was pregnant. Nine months later Samantha had two baby boys. One was a baby unicorn named Charlie and the other was Dennis the dragon.
Charlie and Dennis grew up and had their own children. Samantha and Wes were growing old together and soon they would die of old age. Before they died, Samantha wanted to travel around the world with just her and Wesley. While they were in Hawthorne Heights, a big mean alligator bit Samantha's wings off. Wes tried to save her and bring her to a hospital, but all hope was gone. Samantha died in Wesley's arms. Later that day Wesley, too, died from a stroke. And that was then end of Samantha and Wesley.