The Boys | Teen Ink

The Boys

December 16, 2009
By Caitlin Beasley BRONZE, Lawrence, Kansas
Caitlin Beasley BRONZE, Lawrence, Kansas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

(Flash Fiction)

I’ve never been able to settle down with just one guy. I get bored quickly and another one catches my eye. But this time was different. His name was Jason, and he was absolutely gorgeous. The way his muscles seemed to jump out of his skin, and the way his voice could soothe made him perfect. Jason wasn’t new to town or even to Franklin High School. It was like one day he just woke up and decided to be beautiful. I had to have him, and I wasn’t going to stop until I did.
I must have been doing something right, because Jason told me he wanted to hang out. At that moment, I thought I was luckiest girl in the entire world. So much was running through my head, but like any high school girl, it was mainly about what I was going to wear. The few days I had to wait until we hung out felt like an eternity, and I never thought I was going to make it. Finally, the day came, and it was one the best afternoons of my life. After hanging out a few times, he asked me out, and of course I said yes. Next Monday there was a new kid that sat right next to me. His name was Daniel, and I just had to have him.

(Nano Fiction)

I usually can’t settle down with one guy, but this time was different. His name was Jason, and I wanted nothing more then to hang out with him. Eventually, he asked me out, and I couldn’t have been happier. But, soon after, a new kid came to my school, and I was in love again.

(Micro Fiction)
Longed for him. Got Him. S***.
-Margaret Atwood