The Journey to Blackwood Forest | Teen Ink

The Journey to Blackwood Forest

By Life4Ever! BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Life4Ever! BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

It was the Halloween of 2000. My friends Makayla, Miciah, and Mia were over at my house when we decided to go to the Blackwood Forest a few miles away. Rumors had it that the forest was haunted by ghosts, ghouls, monsters, and zombies. We didn’t care. None of us scared easily. And, after all, it was Halloween. So, we set out, headlamps and flashlight on to the maximum brightness. 2 1/2 miles later…
“Flubberbubbles,” wheezed Mia.
“Cheezdoodles,” groaned Miciah.
“Fudgewubbles,” moaned Meira.
“Quit complaining guys! We’re almost there!” I muttered.
“Blerrggh.” They hissed in unison.
“Good heavens! Haven’t you guys ever exercised?” I exclaimed.
“NO!!” They proclaimed defiantly.
“Well toughen up. We have a lot of exercise to do tonight.”
“Ehhhlllggghhh.” ½ a mile later…
“We’re here!” I announced.
Suddenly, we heard a moan coming from behind us. We slowly turned around. What we saw was not expected…
“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!” We screamed! It was a beat up, mangled, bloody person! “Hi guys!” groaned the figure.
“David?! What are you doing here?!”
David replied, “Having an adventure. What about you guys?” “Same with us. But why are you so beat up?”
“I had a run in with a car, some wolves, and a bunch of sharp stuff.”
“Oh. Sounds like it hurts. How did you survive all that?”
“No idea!” exclaimed the muddy, bloody, bruised, zombie-like figure.
“Well David, I might be able to help.”
“How Alex?”
“Magic.” I whipped out my wand. “Come here.” He inched closer. “Hurry Up!!” When David was within reach I said, “Tergeo!” and ran my wand over his wounds.
“Thanks! That’s way better!!” “No problem!”
When we entered the forest, we were greeted by howling, screams, moans, and groans. It was spooky, but not spooky enough. “This isn't spooky at all compared to the Island of Dolls, Mexico.” whispered Mia, “I went there and I had nightmares for the next 6 years.”
“Wow. I wish I were at home playing Deception: Murder in Hong Kong. Good game.” complained Makayla.
“Before we get walking, I can put a spell on us and all of our stuff. It looks like it’s going to rain.” “Okay!”
“Impervius!” I flourished my wand. “Now we won’t get wet.” 10 minutes later...
“Hey, did you guys hear about the accident at Nicki Minaj’s concert?” “No Makayla. Why?”
“Because people were saying there was a monster and the monster from those videos is right behind us.”
“What!?!? What weapons do we have?
“Flashlights, headlamps, my wand, sticks, and stones.”
“Great we’re dead. Unless…”
“Unless what?”
“Everyone move out of my way.” As they all moved out of my way, I drew my wand. The monster kept creeping closer, waiting for the right moment.
“Oh no you don’t. You’re not having humans for dinner.” The monster growled and pounced at us. “Imperio!” I yelled. The monster was now under my control. “Monster,” I said, “Please go ahead and keep our path clear.” The giant dinosaur-like creature lumbered forward, it’s tail waving behind it.

To be Continued in: The Adventure In Blackwood Forest