A Story | Teen Ink

A Story

By Tibben SILVER, Tirana, Other
Tibben SILVER, Tirana, Other

David woke up in a hospital.
“Where am I?” He asked himself.
Someone came in wearing a white robe and he introduced himself as Dr.Vernon.
Dr. Vernon then went on to answer all of David’s Question.
Dr. Vernon asked, “What happened to you when you were trapped in that virtual reality game?”
David responded with, “Well…”

Few Minutes before David entered the game…
He put on his nerve gear, which is the device used to play the game, and started playing. It was all normal the first couple of hours. Then the Headmaster, the creator of the game, force-teleported everyone in the game to the starting area, known as The Town of Beginnings. He then explained all the basic rules. The twist, however, was that there was no log out button. He also announced that if you die in the game or someone proceeds to remove the nerve gear from the real world, the near gear will realise microwave charges that will melt your brain. The only way to return back to the normal world is to beat the game and defeat every “boss” on all the 100 levels.
A few hours have gone by and over 2,000 people have passed away, from the 10,000 initial players. David was one of the players that got to try out the game early, he got all the loot he could from The Town of Beginnings. A lot of the new people did not get that much loot as the beta players got it before, (this let to a conflict in which the beta players were cheaters and they should give all their loot to the other people). David was hated for this and he was forced to be a solo player.
2 months later…
All the powerful people have gathered up for a meeting to defeat the next floor (including David). There were about 24 players going for that raid and the plan was to team up and defeat the boss, seeing as David was hated for being a beta player and nobody wanted to team up with him.
David saw this person sitting alone, wearing a cloth and covering up their face.
He approached the person saying, “Hey… do you want to team up?”
The person introduced themself as Zoe and said, “Sure let’s team up seeing as everybody seemed to fit in with the others.”
1 hour later…
All the people that were in the meeting were waiting at the boss room for Liam, the person who set up the whole meeting, and the leader, who shows up and reviewed all the roles with the squads and they went in. The squads split into half. The first half went to distract the boss while the other half went to study the attack patterns. The boss’s health bar reached red and Liam went for the final blow but his calculations were incorrect. He got blown away by the boss and his health bar reached zero. David and Zoe went to give him a healing item, but they were too late. David and Zoe moved to the front lines to defeat the boss because the assault squads ran out of health packs. They defeated the boss.
1 year later…
David and Zoe moved up to the assault squads. Zoe has joined up with “The Knights of The Red Oath” and David still remains a solo player. They both fell in love with each other, they wanted to spend time together, which meant Zoe has to leave "The Knights of The Red Oath." Zoe asked to leave the guild, but her request has rejected by Cliff.
Cliff said, “You are the second in command and we can’t afford to lose a player like you.”
David said, “I will duel you and if i win you let her leave and if you win I will join your guild.”
Cliff responded with, “I will only accept if you use your dual wielding ability.”
David agreed to his demands and they went on to start the duel. The duel started with David being very offensive, he was damaging Cliff heavily. Cliff activated the most powerful ability that was too fast to see and beat David with it.
David lost and a rumor was being brought up that Cliff is a cheater. Then quickly that rumor died out and everyone thought it was fake except for David. Another meeting is held by Cliff to gather up most of the powerful people still wanting to fight the new boss on floor 75. Cliff and the others, including David and Zoe, went inside the boss's room. They all fought bravely to defeat the boss, but 14 lost their lives after defeating the boss. David saw that Cliff’s' guard was down and he went to strike him. A purple barrier went around Cliff saying “Immortal Object.” Cliff had nowhere to run away from it and said “Hahaha… you found me David, I am the Headmaster.”
The Headmaster made an announcement that he was going to duel David with Immortality off and if he wins the game will be cleared and everyone will return back to the normal world. The duel started David was on the offensive once again, he kept slashing left and right with his dual wielding ability and Cliff is blocking all his attacks with the strongest shield in the game. David’s stamina is going down and Cliff is on the offensive right now. He stabs David through the heart, David’s health bar is almost zero when Zoe splashes him with a potion of health regenerations. He then goes on to slash Cliff 25 times and kills him.
The Game is cleared and everyone is back to their normal lives. David returned and woke up in the hospital where he met Dr. Vernon.
Present day…
David gives all the information he knows about what happened, in exchange for knowing where Zoe is at. David goes to the hospital where Zoe is at and finds her still in a coma.
He was devastated.