GE Acadamy: Episode Two: I am Not Crazy | Teen Ink

GE Acadamy: Episode Two: I am Not Crazy

October 30, 2016
By Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio
Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness. -Dumbledore


GE Acadamy:
Episode Two: I am Not Crazy
In part one Jaya Richards was heading on a trip to paris, when she wanders off and ends up kidnapped for a year. She doesn’t remember a thing from the past year. After a supernatural freak out, in which the whole airport that she was at had a huge earthquake following the sounds of her screams. She wakes in a hospital.
I woke not knowing where I was, or what had happened in the past few hours. I turned my head to the side to be welcomed by my mother and father’s smiling faces. Mom was crying and holding on to dad threw her tears. It then hit me, everything that had happened in the past hour and apparently last year. My head hurt, my body ached and I felt weak and hot. So naturally I started to cry. My mom rushed over to my side and carefully pulled me into a hug. I cried and held onto her for a long time. All I could think about was how happy I was to be with her, so she could clear everything up and make this bad dream go away. I unwillingly let go after a few minutes. I knew her back must have started to ache after leaning in, in a uncomfortable position. She took her seat next to father. I pushed my hair out of the way letting my neck feel the air I was extremely hot, like fever hot. Which absolutely is a possibility since I am in a hospital. Do I relay want to know what is going on. The last time I asked I found out I have been missing for a whole year. Meaning I am a whole year of school behind. I decide it better to be confronted with painful knowledge, than scared ignorance.  “So what is going on what happened.” I moan. My mom uncomfortably twists her hair, a thing she does when she is nerves.  “Honey we don’t need to get into that now. Your brother and sister aren't going to come in today. They don’t want overwhelm you today. But tomorrow you get to come home and then you can see them.” I want to get up from this bed and strangle her. Why must she always keep things on the up and up. I have been gone for a year and I need to know what happened.  “Mom I love you but I’m ok. I don’t need protected right now I need information I know you have some. So please spill the facts.” Mom glances over to my father. He shrugged as if to say give her what she wants. Mom sighs and turns back towards me. “Ok we don’t know much so far but police and doctors have been here and they think they have a pretty good estimate on what happened.” She sighed and looked sadly at me before she started up again. “They think that you were kidnapped and most likely abused. And most likely the trauma from the whole experience blocked the memory of it happening. Everything is going to be ok there is some people who we think can help you. We are going to visit them on monday which is in three day’s. Everything is going to be ok. I am going to stay with you here tonight until you can come home tomorrow alright.” My head swirled slightly at this information even tho it wasn’t something I hadn’t already assumed. I wanted to go home today but there wasn’t much I could about that. So I had to look calm and reassuring for mom.  “Ok I’ll be fine what time tomorrow can we leave?” Mom smiles, obviously happy at my calm response. My health teacher told us the worst thing to do in time of weakness is to go into shock. So I intended to follow her advise and keep nice and calm. It didn’t really matter what in the past what matters is what happens now.   “It’s all up in the air right now, but if everything goes good we will be leaving her around nine to ten in the morning.” My Father answers this question, obviously dying slowly in the inside of having to keep quiet so long. I figure that Mom must have coached him not to talk so he doesn’t freak me out. He loves to state his opinion every where, but he tends to say the wrong things at the wrong times. He has gotten very close to several fist fights before and he is never very comforting.  The doctor opens the door and marches in.   “Ah Miss Richards I am glad to see you awake. I hope you don’t mind that I steal your parents for a minute, I can ask one of the nurses to stay with you if you like.” The doctor is very tall and kind of cute. I of course do not need a nurse to stay with me. To have a few moments alone would be nice actually.   “Sure you can talk to them and I don’t need a nurse.” The doctor nods and indicates father and mom to leave. I am sure they are off to sign some paper work so I do not worry. I run a hand threw my hair and feel that it is all natted. My mom always has a hairbrush in her purse so I lean over to grab her purse. I dig thru and get the hair brush and start combing my hair. It has been a year I wonder if I have changed in any shape or form. I put the hairbrush back down and start looking for her phone to see if I can use the camera as a mirror. I get the phone and pull up the app to be greeted with a dreadful surprise. My face is eerily pale several shade lighter than it was before. My dark brown eyes have turned a freakish light blue. There is three short wavy scars on my forehead and connected too it is four other scars two that lead to each of my eye lids two more that rap all the way around my jaw. My kidnapper must have a sick sense of humor. I start to cry I’m atrocious. I always felt I was ugly before with my never tamed black hair. But this, this is much worse. Tears start falling down my face rapidly and I let out a sob. Who does this to a person. I was so angry so hurt. I wanted to throw something against the wall and brake it. Something that would shatter in a million pieces like how I felt now. Like mom’s phone. I glared at it picturing picking it up and throwing it. To my surprise it did exactly what I wanted it to. It flew off the bed and smashed into the wall disabling it. I screamed this place was haunted. Yet it felt like I did it. I felt strange as if some force was taken from me. It was eerie and it terrified me. I needed to show this to someone, I need to know I am not crazy. “MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled on the top of my lungs. Father, Mom and the doctor came running in, as if I was about to die any second.  “The phone” I stuttered “it flew across the room. I don’t know what happened I was sitting here angry I wanted to smash something and it flew across the room and broke. I think I did it but I don’t know how. I’m scared, oh I’m scared mom.” I grabbed onto her and held on, as if she could save me from whatever force I had inside of me. She pulled me into a hug and started to stroke my head.   “Oh it’s ok, it’s not real. It’s all just a scary hallucination it’s not real.” I was taken aback  of course it was real. Mom always believed me she was always on my side.  “I’m telling the truth that phone flew across the room!!!” I shouted fervently. “Look I’ll show you” I focused as hard as I could to pick up mom’s purse but I couldn’t do it. I heard doctor tell my parents it is perfectly natural for outbursts like this to happen after a traumatic advent happened to a person. And that was the final straw. I was not crazy. I picked up the chair with my mind and I threw it against the wall so it shattered into a million pieces. Mom screamed, Father grabbed onto her. The doctor backed into a corner in aw. I Jaya Christine Richards was not crazy.


The author's comments:

Hi it's Alexis the author of this story. This is the second part of the GE Academy series. The first part of the story I have a synopsis of what happened in the previous story. Feel free to check my other stories out. I will try to keep posting for this series every two weeks from the day I send it in to teen ink. In the next episode we will find out Jaya's parents reactions to this unusual gift she has shown them. Thank you for reading this story.