The Mysteries Cave | Teen Ink

The Mysteries Cave

October 21, 2016
By AsthaAdhikari BRONZE, Erie, Colorado
AsthaAdhikari BRONZE, Erie, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hi! My name is Zach and this is my story.
One day me and my family moved to a new house. When we arrived at our new house, we got our luggages from the car and went into our new house. Once we got inside we unpacked our stuff and me and my brother and sister went to look for their rooms. I found my room. I go into my room and unpack in there. Once I was all done with unpacking, then I went downstairs.
While my parents were unpacking a little bit more, we went outside to do some exploring. By we I mean is me (Zach), Jake and Heather. We found a large bush. 
We went back into the house and asked our parents if we could go explore in the forest. Our mom said, “Of course, but you must promise not to go far.” We promised her that we won’t go that far. Then we walked toward the forest. What we didn’t know was that there would be a live dragon in the forest.
We continues walking until we came across a cave. We were so stupid. We all entered the cave and saw two passages leading different ways.
“Which way should we go, there is two passages. What if we went the wrong way and we are lost forever.” says Heather.
“Ya, we might never be able to see daylight again. How sad now isn’t it.” says Jake.
“ahhhhhhhhhh , noooo.” cries Heather.
“I was joking, you scaredy cat” says Jake.
“Wahhhhhhh I am not a scaredy cat.” cries Heather.
“Both of you be quiet. Jake stop being mean to your sister and Heather stop be a worry-wart. Nothing will happen.” I said to them.
“Let’s go in this one” says Jake pointing to the one on the right. We looked at each other. Heather looked all scared and everything. Jake and me were excited to go in the cave and find out what we would find.
We all agreed after Heather finally says ok and then we all run down the passage. After about 15 minutes later we found ourselves lost.
Suddenly out of nowhere a 20ft tall dragon appeared. It roared fiercely and then started to chase us the way we came. It looked all mad and ready to kill us. What was that anyways.
“Run” Heather yells. We were all frightened and we ran faster the way we came. “See I told you we shouldn’t have gone in” says Jake.
We all look at him like he was crazy.
“It was me that didn’t want to go in not you.” says Heather. As they kept running. We were faster than that weird creature.
After some time, we lost that weird creature. “Whew, we sure lost that. What was that anyways?” I asked.
“Some kind of huge lizard type of thing, somewhere around that species.” says Heather.
“I thought you were too scared to see that thing, how do you know what it is?” says Jake.
“Both of you, we don’t have time for this, that lizard looking thing might come back.” I said.
“Ya. we really need to get out of this cave, but how? Says Jake. Getting back on the topic. I look around the cave and saw something like a light coming from somewhere.
“What’s that?” I asked them pointing to a crack in the wall just big enough for us to it through. “Let’s go in it.” I said
We all squeezed through the crack in the wall and found ourselves at the entrance where we first entered the cave. But there was something else by the front entrance where we came from. It was the same lizard that we saw earlier was there sleeping lightly.
We tried to tiptoe outside but apparently the dragon woke up and stared at us for a very long time. The lizard thing chased them but it seemed to be going a lot slower. We ran as fast as we could to the entrance before the lizard looking thing got us. Jake looked around while running and then he pointed and said, “Look, a sliding gate.”
Without a moment to lose and looking back, Jake made sure everyone is safely outside and then he slammed the gate shut and quickly locked it.
We looked through the little holes to see if the lizard was still there or not. It was still there. Now how will we get out of here.
“Are we going to die here” Heather says. I looked at both of them and said, “don’t worry, nothing will happen to us.” I tried not to show them that I was scared as much as they were. One of us have to stay brave. We watched the lizard walk back to where it was and started to lay back down and started sleeping.
We headed back home while we wondered about what that lizard looking thing was. “Hey, I think I know what that lizard looking thing is, I saw it somewhere in this book or movie.” says Jake as they run back home.
Me and Heather look at him with round eyes waiting for him to say the next words.
“It is a dragon, a massive dragon that is very dangerous. It isn’t a nice creature.”
We ran inside the house and we wanted to tell our mother that we found this cave where a lizard looking thing lived and that we shouldn’t go near it, but our mother said, “Kids, your father has gone to explore a cave in the forest for a while that he had heard of by someone.”
We all looked at each other and we could see the terror in all of our eyes. Our eyes had the fright look to it. We ran out of the house before our mother could say something else. We ran back into the forest yelling, “Dad!”
“That cave is dangerous.” we all yelled.
“Don’t go in it, it’s easy to get get lost and there is a massive dragon in there.” we yelled as we got closer and closer to the cave.
We were almost at the cave, when suddenly we all heard a scream coming from the cave. Now we were real scared. What could have happened to our father. Did the dragon kill our father. We couldn’t wait.
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”
“Oh no, that scream must be dad. We have to go in” says Jake. About to run into the cave. But I quickly grabbed him and said, “Heather you go back home and get mom here quickly, Jake and me will get father out of there.”
“Why do we need two people.”
“I will go distract the dragon, while you get dad out of there.”
“You can’t do that, what if you get killed or hurt.”
“It’s ok, I will be fine.” I said with a smile.
“Just go” Jake and me watched as Heather runs back the way she came from. Then Jake and me look at each other and walked in. We ran inside after we saw dad on the ground bleeding from the arm. Other than that he looked ok. But the dragon was still there.
“I will go and distract the dragon, you go and get father out of here. Got it.” I said looking at my brother. “Ok, be careful ok” says Jake. With that we went our separate ways.
Find out what happens next.
Will the main character survive or die...


The author's comments:

 I love to write. Especially stories. Fantasy,romance, fight, mystery, horror maybe. 

I want people to read my story and see if they like to read any of them.