The Traitor | Teen Ink

The Traitor

By winbert@kennedyms BRONZE, Cupertino, California
winbert@kennedyms BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Plop. Plop. Plop. The rain dropped onto Joe, a young orphan boy, as he waited at the dock near the statue of liberty for a group to come pick him up. He just finished his mission of locating a hidden storage room inside of the statue of liberty and retrieved an old document about how and why the building was made.

The team’s leader Bill met up with him near the statue of liberty’s dock. “Hey Joe, you got the paper”?
“Yeah, it’s in a preservation case”.
“Well we better get back to the base to examine it”.
Then they walked down the dirty sewer passageway under the statue of liberty through the long tunnel into their base.
The group consisted of Bill, a good leader, smart, friendly, cunning yet slow planner. Chloe a young girl who is agile, good at maneuvering, fast, silent, and helpful. Chris an overweight stubborn control freak who is very childish. Bob, a good cook and strategist who helps make missions and cook food for the team. And Natalie, a timid mechanic who loves to build things. Everyone was at the dinner table getting ready for their late night mission.
“So, what’s the next mission” asked Joe.
“We’re going to stop the Secret Agency of Doom(SAOD) from hacking all the computers in the world” exclaimed Chris.
Their headquarters was a kitchen, a control room, a workplace for building, a circuit box, an air ventilation system, it was just like an underground basement with
everything in a house down there. After dinner, the team gathered their supplies and headed out for their next mission. Their jobs were to play an everlasting loop in their security cameras, get through the laser wall, then hack the central computer without being caught and save the world’s privacy.
The first phase was successful, playing a lasting loop in the security cameras, but the laser wall was reinforced with security guards on both ends with armed with heavy duty artillery. All of the entrances and exits were reinforced as if they were expecting an attack. This was the second time they had failed to get into the secret base. Bill knew they always had some kind of tip that they were attacking. He questioned himself if someone on the team was tipping the SAOD off but didn't think anyone would. They had to retreat back to their bunker to regroup and find out how the enemies knew their plan.
Back in the bunker Bill goes to the planning room and makes a chart of all the possibilities of how they could have prepared for them. Bill hypothesized that either Joe or Chris was the traitor. All he needed now was to find out which one did it. When the group went on their next mission he would find out. Bill told each member of the group a different mission. The failure of the mission would be the fault of the traitor. Chloe was told that the team had to get into the SAOD’s west building, Chris thought the team had to get into the east building, Bob thought that the team had to get into the south building, Natalie was told that the team had to get into the north building, and Joe would get into the main building.
At the bunker’s command center, Bill monitored all of the team’s progress. Chloe had bypassed the entrance through the window without setting an alarm. She got into the central control room quite easily. No extraneous guards were there protecting that building; Chloe was not the traitor. Bob got into the south building and once he got in, there was no sign that they had any idea that he was in there. All the others had a similar outcome except for Joe.
The team asked Joe if he had completed the mission, but he didn't answer. They interrogated Joe and found out that Joe was actually a spy from the SAOD that was sent to find their base and stop all of their missions. The team decided to put Joe in jail and had to relocate to a new location because the SAOD knew where they were. Even after the incident and the traitor was out of the group, Bill felt that he couldn't trust the team and resigned from leadership.

on Nov. 18 2015 at 5:17 am
ThisIsPuGGy SILVER, Yokohama, Other