Little Johnny | Teen Ink

Little Johnny

By Charlie Rowe BRONZE, Coronado, California
Charlie Rowe BRONZE, Coronado, California

Little Johnny was a little guy who went to a school on Fiesta Island, although some stupid people say it’s a peninsula. He was a freshman in high school, and was very excited to go to start the year. Johnny heard about this one amazing hang out spot called Bat ray Beach.  Supposedly all of the cool high schoolers came to this place to hang out. More importantly Johnny heard that there was one kid who just showed up uninvited, and he wanted to meet this kid. So Little Johnny went to this place with his friends and when they got there, a large smell of skunk lingered. Weird… Johnny thought as he began to get lightheaded.  He walked up to a group of older kids and he was asked if he wanted a hit. What? He thought to himself. Of course I don’t want to be hit are you kidding me? Maybe the older guy wasn’t talking to me. Right when the night began to get a little dull, a loud blast of country music was amplified across the golf course. Everyone turned their heads in hatred at a bunch of short guys with sunglasses and cowboy boots. Do they know that it’s not Texas? Johnny thought to himself. They all had very fat bottom lips, and Johnny meant to ask them if they were all right, but he couldn’t talk between their spitting on the ground. What do these fake cowboys want with us? Maybe they just took their shirts off because they play for the other team, Johnny thought. Johnny had a great night until lights flooded the beach and the police were driving towards him. As exhilarating as the night was, for some weird reason the kids were all calm and just sat around. But once the cops got closer, they were sprinting in each and every direction, under the spotlight of the car. What the heck goes on at this place? Johnny thought to himself. To make matters worse this one tall, skinny, twenty year old kid ran up with a big bottle in his hands. Apparently they called him the king. Shouldn’t he be at college?  Johnny thought…maybe all college kids didn’t have friends. The night seemed to go on for weeks, and Johnny kept encountering weirder and weirder people by the minute. The night ended with sirens and kids running all around the golf course. Until next weekend, Johnny whispered to himself.

This piece is a play on the different types of people one would encounter in highschool. It is intended to be humorous to those of you who can relate.