the craziest thing happened last night | Teen Ink

the craziest thing happened last night

January 20, 2015
By mlb55 BRONZE, 55, Washington
mlb55 BRONZE, 55, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I was up late last night and the craziest thing happened. I got a phone call that told me my puppy had been abducted and if I wanted him back, “no police,” I was scared. The man said I better cooperate or I would never see my dear puppy again. I was scared and didn’t know what to do.
“What do you want from me?” I asked.
The man on the phone said in order for me to ever see my puppy again I must meet him at the dock in Puerto Rico in two days and have 300,000 dollars, and again no cops. So I went to the bank to take some money out, but I only had five dollars in my bank account. I decided to hit up one of my friends and I told her my situation and she didn’t have any money. So I went home to think of a plan to get the money.
“AHH!” I jumped to my phone vibrating in my pocket.
I answered, I had to make up something, so I told the guy I had the money but a van pulled up beside me and a bunch of gang members jumped me and took all my money, All the guy said was he was going to kill my puppy if I didn’t give him the money. I hung up and started to panic.
The only way to get that kind of money fast enough is to steal it.  So I went and bought a mask, a toy gun, and black spray paint. I spray painted the gun black, put on a mask, and got a long, dark grey pillow case for them to put the money in. I went into the bank calm and quiet then got right to it, I had aimed my toy gun and everyone went to the floor. The teller filled the pillow case quickly and I hurried home hiding my mask and gun in an ally.
After taking the long way home, just in case I was being followed, I put all the money underneath my bed. It seemed I had gotten away with it, but a few days later there was a knock on my door. At first I was nervous, but I had to keep cool.
When I answered the door it was a policeman, which really had me scared. He started to talk to me, asking me questions about the robbery, they saw a store video of me when I bought the toy gun and spray paint, and they found the same toy gun painted with the same color of black spray paint. I thought that the police were going to take me so I told the policeman why I had to do it. When I finished telling him he replied in an angry voice with something only one person had said before, I told you no cops.
My eyes had opened wide and my jaw dropped, I couldn’t believe it was him, but I knew I had to think of something quick so I could get away from him.
“I’m sorry, I had no other way to get the money,” I begged.
While I was begging I was reaching for a weapon of some sort behind me, grabbed a candle stick and hit him as hard as I could. As he stumbled I ran outside and called the cops from my cell. When the cops showed up they were going to arrest me. I was trying to tell them my side of the story, but the man who stole my puppy was lying to the other police officers until we heard a faint bark come from the man’s patrol car.
“My puppy it’s in his truck!” I said.
The man pulled out his gun and aimed it at me, he knew he was caught. But unlike in the movies they didn’t even try to reason with him, they shot him right in the abs. An ambulance pulled up and the man left in the ambulance, but the cop still had one question for me.
“Where is the money?” he asked.
I hurried inside and got the money from under my bed, and brought the kind policeman the money from the bank and he handed me my puppy.