The Last Deal | Teen Ink

The Last Deal

Taking the last puff off of his cigar, he sets it down and butts it out in the ash tray. The next package needs to be delivered soon. Every delivery he knows he could lose his life in an instance. He picks up his bag and locks over the big capsules. As he looks over his own stash, he wonders why he ever started. Then he remembers how much money he makes, but at the same time he knows the price that he pays.

The clock keeps ticking away. He needs to leave soon. Places to go people to see. He picks up the bags weighed so precisely and tells his mother that he is leaving for a while. He knows that business is strictly financial, and the bills won’t pay themselves. When he leaves the house he locks the door behind him, making sure after he leaves nobody else is getting in. Including himself. He begins up the block knowing not to sell near to where you rest at. He sets up the deal a few blocks down. The time is closing in on the time the people are coming to get their supply. The more time that he waits at the corner the more dangerous the situation gets. Finally a vehicle starts to come down the street on the block. The next thing he knows the blues pop on. Startled he takes off in a run down the closet alley that he can find. The cops are yelling at him telling him to stop, but he knows that if he stops, he is going down are a long time and the capsules he carries with him are worth the same as the jail time involved. He keeps running down the alley with the cops on a close trail behind him.

He keeps running until he comes to a fence. He quickly jumps over it, only to find out there is a dog on the other side that tackles him down. He pushes the dog off and turns around for a brief second to check to see where the police are. The police are lined up at the fence, guns drawn. When he turned around to look, the police though he had a weapon and fired. The bullet is a direct hit. Straight through the chest. Still, the money and the drugs are worth more then life itself. He keeps running. Blood is pumping out of his chest quickly now. He’s getting weaker the more that he runs and knows it won’t be long. Finally he gets to the end of the alley. 2 more blocks to go to get back to his mommas house.

He’s too weak to makes it and collapses in the ground. He knows that he is getting close to his last breath. He thinks of how disappointed his mother will be, but it’s too late. He has bleed too much, and the bullet did its job thoroughly. His last breath is had and he lays bleeding out on the side walk.