Dreams Always Help | Teen Ink

Dreams Always Help

September 25, 2014
By Anonymous

Dreams Always Help
One hour is all it took to have a truly great idea, One hour is all it takes to come up with something great but not while awake. It has to be will in a dream, a dream is where all your ideas really are and to sleep is the only way to get in a dream. Your mind holds so much stuff and being awake only allows you to reach some things, but when unconscious or dreaming you can come up with things you have never thought of. You can stay in a dream for hours or like me it just takes one.
It was a rainy day and I was at home writing a short story for school. I was sitting at my desk for about half an hour now trying to come up with something to write about I had some ideas like a monkey trying to save the last banana tree in the forest but it just didn’t appeal to me. So then I stared at my many model cars that I have and then as an idea came to mind I started to doze off. Next thing I knew I woke up in an EVO 9 MR. Then there was a knock at the window of the car. It was the crew leader telling me to get suited up because the race was about to start. So I went to my changing room and put on my racing suit then went back to the car. There I met up with the crew captain and he told me to be careful around the red Porsche 991.
Five crew members pushed the car to the starting line and I was car number seven out of the sixteen cars in that race. The red 991 was car number one in the lineup so I had quite some ground to cover if I wanted to win. The race begins with one lap with a pacer car then after the lap is over we all gun it when we cross the line. On the first turn I pass the sixth place driver from the inside and then fifth and fourth on the straight away. Now all I have to do is pass second place and it will be one on one with the red 991. Second place is another EVO and I helped design that engine so I know just how fast it is. But I made sure for it to be just under my car so it wouldn’t get in my way. My car accelerates faster than it so I have to get it going out of the next turn. I passed the EVO going out of the turn so now all is left is me and the 991.
With two laps to go I have to pass the red 991 but I have to be careful or I could up upside down. At the end of the straight away I catch up and the turn is coming up and I’m stuck on the inside so he starts to pull closer to me. When we get to the turn he turns in sharp and I brake hard. He pulls out of the turn and now I have to catch up to him again. After the lap is over I am right on his tail with one last lap so I have to pass him. I keep trying to pass but It just won’t happen, It seems like I’ll lose this race but half way through the lap he makes a mistake and gets slowed down my the sand pit. That’s when I take my chance and go for it. Now I’m now in first place with two turns and one last straight way before the last turn. I do everything to make sure he stays behind me but on the last straight away we are neck and neck and we’re not paying attention when the turn is coming up so all I see is me going towards the wall.
All of a sudden I am back at my desk then I look at the clock and see that one hour has passed by. I think to myself and then start to write everything that happened in my dream. I also start to think about how your mind can make up so many different things, so many great things 


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences