Prision of Fire | Teen Ink

Prision of Fire

By ChildofApollo SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
ChildofApollo SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

(i dont know)

Its dark and nothing is visible. The ground and walls are cold to the touch, but the air is humid. Not far off in the distance a dropping sound echoes, giving me a faint idea of the grandeur of my invisible prison. I hold no memory of how I arrived in this place or who my captors were; however, they truly did well to strip me of almost all my senses. This cage, this prison would break away at any average man’s will, but I had every intention of escaping this place.
Probably a few hours passed before a new noise became evident to my keen ears. Footsteps, heavy, but quick marched down what I would estimate to be a nearby hallway and with great numbers. The marching got louder as they approached and then suddenly the walls opened around me and a bright ray of light blinded my sight, before I could see my captors. I loathed this light which I wished to see so, but now was the new means of my imprisonment.
As I stumbled around two creatures with massive stone hard hands grabbed my arms and raised me from the ground. These hands were dry and my sensitive body could feel every individual callus as they carried me away to this unknown destination. With my eyes still unable to take the sting of the light I couldn’t see my surroundings, an exit, or anything to help out what seemed like an already useless situation.
Suddenly the air became stale and each breath scratched at my throat making it hard to breath. It was as if this whole place was a living entity attacking ones morality till they surrendered to it and died. I couldn’t give up; however, so I forced my silver eyes open and found myself in a large chamber. A mysterious orange mist slightly covered the ground in the back of the chamber. Pillars of stone lined up in straight lines on either side of the room leading to what looked like a brightly lit blue throne, though my vision was still unclear.
It was only moments later did I realize that my observation of the chamber was badly analyzed. For the creatures had placed me down and I could feel the heat off the flames, which I mixed up for mist and as the creatures ran in the opposite direction I noticed the brightly blue flames was the breath of a dragon. I was intended to be bait for a dragon ritual.

I simply in joy writing fantasy mainly focusing on elves and this was an idea that I didn't add to one of my novels but still thought was interesting