Is this a dream? | Teen Ink

Is this a dream?

April 9, 2014
By tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio
tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio
18 articles 0 photos 1 comment

It was a sunny morning and I decided to take a walk to the local library. Once inside of the lobby I spotted and picked up a book about interpreting dreams. I sat down at a table in the far left corner and must have fallen asleep, because when my eyes opened I was no longer standing in the library. Instead, I saw a large gray-stoned medieval castle in front of me, surrounded by a little village around. I wondered if my appearance changed along with the scenery, but it did not.
Then I saw wolves of various colors start walking around and past me. One of them that stopped was a female, pure white with silver eyes. She blinked at me and spoke; however, it did not sound like a bark, but a normal “hello.” I blinked at her in confusion, then asked, “ Where am I, and how do I go back?” She returned my blink of confusion but then must have had an idea, because she told me to follow her. I followed her into a large circular library, and she handed me two different books.
One was titled, “ All about Wolvina,” while the other was “ Portal Travelling.” I began to read the first book, then returned the second book. I asked her if I could stay in the library, and all she did was nod, and then she left without a word. I began searching each of the fifty shelves for the book I had picked up in my local library. Once I searched the final shelf, I noticed a book was missing from it. A look of defeat formed on my face until I saw the little black-and-white chested wolf walk past the library, holding the book I needed.

I chased after the little wolf until he gave me the book. I opened the book and blinked my eyes and saw that I was in the library again. I laughed, realizing that the dream was created by my desire to finish my book; the dream allowed me to visualize the characters more clearly. So I rose out of my chair, and put the book away.
Once I put the book away, new ideas for my book came flooding to me. I quietly walked to my car ready to start writing more again while my characters continued to live their lives out in my head. The next job of mine was to make the characters as realistic as possible without actually seeing them when I sleep.
I had parked my car in my driveway and walked back down to the front door. I closed my front door and locked it, then headed upstairs to my study, preparing to finish the book. The manuscript was then filled with all the images flowing inside my head, wanting to burst out. After writing all the details onto the manuscript I leaned back in my chair and fell asleep. Soon, I found myself back in the world of my book.
The female white wolf had greeted me one more time, and showed me her whole world. While showing me her whole world she also introduced me to all of the other characters that I already knew.