The Unfortunate Circumstances of One, Two and Three | Teen Ink

The Unfortunate Circumstances of One, Two and Three

March 25, 2014
By Luela62 BRONZE, Leicester, Other
Luela62 BRONZE, Leicester, Other
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

“It was her responsibility, she should have thought of that.”




The three figures sat huddles round a table, their voices hushed, thick cloaks hiding their faces from passers-by.





“She can hardly be expected to think of everything.”



This was the youngest of the three, his voice was light and forgiving, in contrast with the first voice which belonged to the oldest figure and contained a mixture of intelligence and contempt.



The third figure paused momentarily before speaking slowly and carefully,




“I’m afraid that’s exactly what’s expected of her.”





The third voice was female and only it conveyed the power that was in the possession of the three.




“But she’s just a child” Two insisted reasonably,



“It won’t make a difference to Him. Sooner or later there’s going to be a war.” Three replies, her voice eerie with their condemnation.



“And she needs to be prepared when it comes.” Agreed One,





“So we interfere…won’t that be dangerous?”



“Yes” One answered,




“Unfortunately, we have no choice.” Said Three wearily,




“Unless you have a better idea?” One added bitterly,




“No” Two shook his head, “I suppose I don’t.”




“Good. Pick a name – We’ll need to introduce ourselves. Then meet me in tower fifteen.”




Two got up to leave, “Aren’t you coming?”




“Don’t you think it’ll look suspicious if we all arrive together?” One scorned,




Two nodded humbly and headed for the door.






As fate would have it - At the same moment as ‘Two’ got up to leave. A rather angry group of individuals decided it was time to initiate their plan to blow up the Inner Kingdom. Unfortunately, for the said individuals, they only succeeded in blowing up the cellar in which their gunpowder was kept, and, even less fortunately for ‘One’, ‘Two’ and ‘Three’, the Inn above it.