The Mystery on Strait St. | Teen Ink

The Mystery on Strait St.

March 10, 2014
By Matthew Liffrig BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
Matthew Liffrig BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Mystery on Strait St.

When Brian got home the garage was open and the car was there. Also the door into the house was open. When he walked inside his wife was missing. Her phone was left on the table, and she never went anywhere without her phone. Brian was extremely worried. He had called her on his way home from work only a little bit ago, and she said she would be home. He had some work to do so he went and got it done. It took him about an hour or so. He thought maybe she had gone over to the neighbors or gone down to the convenience store. She still wasn’t home yet. He got so worried that he called the Police.
The officer started, “Hello this is 911.”
Brian answered, “My wife has been missing for a while and I don’t know where she is.”
“Ok, I will send an officer over.”

When the officer arrived he did not seem freaked out, he was very calm.
He said, “Where do you think she could be?”
“I’m not sure, she might have gotten kidnapped.”
“Well let’s not freak out yet, she might just be doing something. Do you know your neighbors well?”
“No, we just moved here.”
“Oh do you have any convenience stores that are nearby?”
“Yea there’s one about a block away.”
“Ok, let’s see if she is there.”
“Ok, follow me I know a short cut.”
“Ok.”

When they arrive at the store they walked in and the officer asked Brian, “What does your wife look like?”
“Tall with brown hair.”

They walked inside and the officer asked, “Have you seen a tall woman with brown hair?”
The clerk answered, “No, I just started my shift.”
“Oh, ok.”

They walk outside. Brian was nervous and worried about his wife. The office was in deep concentration thinking about the possibilities of where she could be. When they walk outside there is an awkward silence. The awkward silence was broken by the officer asking Brian, “What do you think we should do next?”
“I think we should just go home, I don’t know where else to look. What do you think we should do?”
“I agree, I think that is the best plan too.”

They walk home. It took them about twenty minutes. When they turned the corner to Brains house there was a car in there drive way. It wasn’t just any car, it was a Ferrari. It was the 458 spider too. It had 570 horsepower and was a convertible too. This was the car of brains dreams. His wife often heard him talk about how great it is and how much he wished he could get one someday.
“Do u think that could be your wife?”
“No we could never afford that car. It is the car of my dreams though!”

They walk up to the house and walk inside. His wife was there!
Brian screamed with joy, “Where have you been? I have been looking for you!”
“Well, I was at home doing work when I saw that someone had won the lottery at the convince store that we buy are tickets. So I thought I could run and see if we won. I thought I could get back by the time you got home. When I got there I found out we won! I knew you always wanted that car, so I got a taxi to the Ferrier dealer on the other side of town and got you one! Don’t worry about the money we won 600 million dollars!”
Brian answers, “Oh my gosh that’s amazing! Thank you so much!”