First Chapter: A New Life Unseen | Teen Ink

First Chapter: A New Life Unseen

By Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California
Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California

Life seems to be a blur when for half your life you've been an experiment. Pinched, prodded, poked, and robbed of your own flesh. Wishing that the District of Sayolia hadn't found me. But it's never been like that. Actually I am one of ‘them’, aka regular people call us Mutants.

We are just the same race as humans nothing seemingly interesting about us, I guess except the fact that we are naturally gifted with special talents or abnormal qualities such as wings, sharp fangs, cat-like ears, etc. People also say we were born more to a supernatural species then normal human. For that reason the government is seriously hunting us down and throwing us into a government-base school. Innocent children are ripped apart from their families and whole families are forced into jail.

I was one of those children, who abandoned their family. I was born practically paler than a ghost, which I was one. None of my other siblings or parents were Mutants which I thought was rather strange.

The government determined it was for the better I would be separated so when I turned ten that’s what happened.

All dress in a navy blue uniform polo shirt and long white pants dragging my possessions along behind me. Solemnly I walked towards the elongated limo waiting for me with other children inside. There was a beautiful blond hair girl daydreaming with fluttering eyes as if she had been waiting for something to happen and another scrawny girl with obvious cat ears poking out of her charcoal hair was laughing, pointing at rough faced boy that had spilled orange juice on his pants.

Mom kissed me goodbye, “Xander, I am sorry this is happening. You’ll be there for a while so please take good care I see you again.”
That was the last thing I heard from her in five years until the government newspaper reported she had been murdered. Nobody knows the story she was found in nearby lake. From that moment on I devoted myself to find that person who murdered my innocent mother. Although people expected me to change my temper because of that vow, I’ll never let that control myself.

Its a random novel-ish thing I am working on, in chapters. I think It'll work out better with other critiques to improve on the splur of the moment. I do have the every chapter planned out already. But hope you enjoy. Hopefully I will try to update every other week or so.