December 22, 2012 | Teen Ink

December 22, 2012

May 21, 2013
By kjoyo94 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
kjoyo94 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

So, everyone in my family thought the world was going to end yesterday. My mom, dad, Sister Erin, Brother Devin, Sister Megan, me, child #4 my name is Kristen, my little brother Ryan and my little sister Lauren all thought we were not going to exist after yesterday.

Lauren, the baby of the family was most upset that the world was going to end because her birthday is today. She thought that she wasn’t going to be able to live to be 15, or eat cake, get all of her presents. That’s what she was most upset about.

My parents felt bad for her so they gave her one of her presents two days early. They bought her an I Phone 5! Which I think is the stupidest gift ever if the world is going to end tomorrow. Like seriously, what are you going to do with a new phone for a day? Document the world ending? Who’s going to see it, everyone is dead. Whatever, it made her happy.

My oldest sister Erin was probably the happiest about the ‘world ending’. She is an Electrical Engineer who invents machines for Rockwell Collins, and she had to present another machine idea tomorrow. She didn’t have any good ideas.

My little brother Ryan (who is also my best friend) and I planned out exactly how we are going to look when the world ends. We’re going to be sitting next to each other, my in the driver’s seat and him in the passenger’s seat of our brand new red Lamborghini that has butt massagers.

Mom and Dad thought the world was going to end so they spent all their money on the Lamborghini, and gave the rest to charities. Which again, stupid idea, all the little sick homeless kids will die tomorrow too! But it gave Ryan and me a cool way to leave in style.

Devin, my older brother is an Aerospace Engineer and was just offered a job working for a corporation that makes hover crafts. (He really got hired by the CIA but I’m not supposed to let anyone know about that.) He was upset that the world was going to end, so he spent his last hours drawing up plans on how to save the world… I wonder if that’s the reason it didn’t end? Hmmm interesting.

Megan, my older sister number 2 was just acting like nothing was going to happen; she was still just the same as she always is. She still tried to control every little move I make. It’s my life, not hers.

I was dead set that the world was going to end! And when Ryan and I were sitting in the Lamborghini, I was thinking that that was the last time I would hang out with my brother. It really sucked knowing that, but how we were going to go was exactly how we wanted. Us together and doing something epic!

But Journal, turns out that the world didn’t end. And now my family is screwed!
Erin never even made the plans for the new machine and she needs to present it to her boss tomorrow.
Devin is really happy because he thinks the thing that he did is the reason why the world didn’t end.
Megan is still Megan…
Ryan and I just sat in the car we didn’t know when it was coming so we just sat there. But I get more time to hang out with my little bro, which is awesome!
Lauren wants presents since it’s her birthday, but my parents didn’t get her anything because they thought that the world was going to end. She’s really upset. But I think it’s funny.
My parents… they spent all of their money on charity and the Lamborghini. Now we have nothing and we still need to pay taxes, bills, everything and we don’t have any money. Awesome.
Well Journal, I’ll keep you updated on what happens in the next few days. Wish me luck!