It came from the woods | Teen Ink

It came from the woods

A few years ago there was a...thing, I guess you would have to call it, in the forest behind my house. Wait! First off let me tell you this; this story I’m about to tell you isn't some lovey dovey once upon a time junk. This is serious business. Ok so... like I said, a few years back when I was five years old, I saw this thing that changed my life forever! I didn't even know what it was, but it was scary! It was too scary for words to describe! But I’ll tell you anyway.
I was in the woods minding my own business looking for the perfect spot to build my log cabin, when I saw it. I was too scared to move, until it looked back at me! At that point I ran for my life. When I got back to the house I thought about what I had just seen. It had mated ugly brown fur, the ugliest little beady eyes, tiny disgusting little claws, big nasty teeth in its foaming mouth! It made me feel sick just thinking about it! So I decided to call it the Thingamajig... After I thought about what just happened I went to my room. NO; Not to cry, but to get my monster hunting gear! My kit consisted of the following: Bubble wand & Bubble soap, my lucky bandana, a few packs of bubble gum, a small net, some string, and the mother of all monster hunting gear... My beautiful brand new glorious sling shot. After I made a checklist of all of my gear and checked it, I tied the bandana onto my head, tucked the net, bubble gear, bubble gum, and string on my belt, and with the sling shot in my hand I went back outside.
I found a mud puddle on the side of my driveway and put two of my fingers in it and then rubbed the glorious war paint on to my face, I found a decent size rock to fire from the sling shot too. I then went to the woods to find the monster. Once I got to the woods I set up some traps with the string and the net. I then climbed up a nearby tree and waited... and waited... and waited... I started to doze off when “CRUNCH!” I heard a few twigs snap. I looked around and then I saw it, ugly face and all, right in front of the trap. It walked a few more steps and went right under the net. Right then I let the trap fly! It fell on the creature and the thing squirmed around all over the place for a while. I waited for it to give up then I tried to pick up the net it was in. It was too heavy to carry so I had to drag the thing all the way to the house.
Once I got to the house I brought it to the garage and put it into a bucket. I went into the house to get my brother Thomas so I could show him what I had achieved. My brother would never believe this! He is one of those kinds of people who NEVER believes in anything supernatural. He was fourteen at the time and never believed me about anything, so I thought if I were to show him this he would respect me more.
So anyway... back to the story... I got my brother to come out to the garage and I knew for sure that this was it, the moment where he would believe me in my story about the monster! Then he walked over to the bucket looked in and just laughed and laughed and laughed... He said to me after he stopped laughing, “You are so stupid little bro... You didn't catch no monster!”
I said getting mad, “Then what did I catch?”
He said, “You didn't catch anything but a poor rabid racoon!” After that he let the “racoon” go. That monster is still lurking in the woods to this very day. I know it isn't a racoon. Its just an evil monster that I call The Thingamajig! The monster just looks like a racoon. So I guess this marks the end of this horrifying story.

I wrote this story Because its homework and we need to publish it.