Fear Of My Own | Teen Ink

Fear Of My Own

By sisi_xoxo BRONZE, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
sisi_xoxo BRONZE, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

"It will always be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"
-John Lennon

Fear Of My Own

I heard footsteps. Of who I do not know. My heartbeat, pounding and pounding. The footsteps got heavier and I heard more of them, from a walk to a gallop. I began to run; I didn’t know what was happening. Sweat trickled down my forehead and my heartbeat sped up, if that was possible. Then all at once they doubled, the footsteps. More people, chasing me. Although I consciously know I’m innocent of all crime, my legs wouldn’t stop. Adrenaline flowed through my veins. I was scared, deathly afraid. I’ve never been athletic, my hidden strength surprised me. I’ve never run so fast, it seemed as if the blurry would just passed by in a whirl. Suddenly weak in the knees, I collapsed. Once again, my heartbeat pounded and pounded against my chest. I stopped fro a moment, to take it all in. I listened…nothing. The footsteps were gone as soon as I had fallen. My own, I realized. Running from myself, chasing my own path, I felt like a fool. Imperfection has always been my weakness, myself being my own worst enemy. A silent barren land surrounded me. Silent, but loud, filled with my own thoughts, my own voice.

I wrote this for fun.

on Dec. 19 2012 at 2:31 pm

-John Lennon

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take it to heart! :)

on Dec. 14 2012 at 6:08 pm
bigthinker28 SILVER, Toledo, Ohio

“Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be”- Mark Twain

There is some good description and an intense build of suspense here. But I feel like you could of taken it farther. Either way I look forward to seeing your next work.