The Arrow | Teen Ink

The Arrow

By Cheerleader953 BRONZE, Oak Grove, Missouri
Cheerleader953 BRONZE, Oak Grove, Missouri

Chapter 1: The fire
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" I screamed as I saw. Our house was on fire. My brother and I ran to our family meeting place. I started weeping our house was fully engulfed in flames and my parents were not here. Maybe they are calling the fire department at a house near our flaming one. That couldn't be it the fire department was here. Just then a firefighter walked over and said, "I'm sorry your parents were killed in the fire." Just then I had a flashback of the previous Christmas my win brother and I were opening our presents. We were told to open the present with the black wrapping paper together we each had own. We did as we were told and pulled out a bow, a sheath of arrows, and a target. I pulled off my sheath of arrows and hugged them to my chest it was all I had left of my parents. It was a Sunday and each Sunday my brother and I went out into the woods and practiced arrow shooting. Just then I noticed our aunt walking over and my brother and I grabbed our stuff and ran. Our aunt was mean just plain mean and she has a daughter who was the same way.

Chapter 2: Survival
I was running in the direction of the woods and Zack (my brother) was following. Once, we were far into the woods we sat down and started a fire. Next, I went and shot a squirrel and took it to Zack to cook. Then, I collected some berries. We usually ate this for lunch on Sunday's. Our parents send us crackers on Sunday's most of the time and today we didn't eat them so we had some crackers too. As night began to fall and my brother and I grew more and more tired. We didn't want to fall asleep because we did not want a wild animal to come get us or even a person. So, we decided to sleep in shifts Zack insisted I sleep first so I did. Zack shook me and said, "my turn to sleep." I lost track of time and before I knew it it was morning and Zack was yelling at me for not waking him up for his next shift. He insisted that I start the fire and that he hunts and gathered ,so, I let him. As soon as I got the fire started Zack appeared with lots of granny smith apples. I dropped the sticks I was holding and ran over to him. "Where did you find these?" I asked. "Just through the trees," he replied. I ran through the trees to see and their stood the granny smith tree. Also I saw pear trees, a berry bush, and a plum tree. So we feasted on pears, plums, apples, and berry's. The fruits were very sweet and juicy. I was so grateful that we found the various fruits. As we sat their I started talking I said, "what if we are living out here the rest of our life?" I was really scared about being here the rest of our lives.

Chapter 3: The girl
Just then I realized it was lunch time so I got up to go hunt and gather. I was coming through the trees to where all the fruits were when I saw a girl. She looked about my age, had brown hair, and brown eyes. Without thinking I said, "would you like to join us?" "Sure thanks!" She replied. She brought over the various fruits she was holding and sat them down. "What is your name?" Zack asked the girl. "Megan," she told us, "my parents didn't care about me so I ran away. What's your story?" "Well..." I began, "our house burned down and killed our parents. So, we ran away to here."

Chapter 4: The arrow
Pulling out an arrow Zack said, ''I wish we had food." Then the weirdest thing happened. Food just appeared cooked and all. "What just happened?" Asked Megan. "I think we have a magical arrow," said Zack. "Can I see the arrow?" I asked Zack. "Sure," replied Zack. "I wish we had shelter," I said. Then a shelter appeared. We all rushed into the shelter with our stuff. I wish we had nice beds, I thought. Then, suddenly nice beds just appeared in front of us. Wow! This is really cool. An arrow that has magical powers. If someone said they had a magical arrow I would not believe them until now. Wait! I'm thirsty. I wish I had water. Suddenly a glass of water appeared. I wonder if I can wish things back? Well I might as well try. I wish my parents were here, I thought. Then my parents appeared. Zack and I clung to our parents and would not let go. When I finally let go I said, "this is Megan.'' I wish our house was back normal , I thought. Then our house appeared normal we went home and Megan spent the night. The next day we went and adopted Megan. We are a really good family!

Anna and Zack's house burns down and they run away. The two of them keep themselves alive by nature. Then one day find something that may change their lives forever. I hope people put themselves in Anna and Zack's shoes.