Aurora master | Teen Ink

Aurora master

July 24, 2011
By Anonymous

Aurora master (sample)
By: Flamestar

Queva gazes up from where keeyla laid battered and bleeding from multiple lacerations, and sees Q and Quevo fighting on top of the rocky ridge in front of the setting sun. As the sun sinks below the ridge Quevo jabbed upward and lodged the dagger in Q’s chest, right in his rib cage.

“Q, no!” Queva exclaimed as Quevo withdrew the dagger with a spurt of blood.

Queva painfully staggered to her feet, gripping her abdomen where blood slowly drained from the small knife wound, and locked eyes on Q and Quevo. She slowly starts to stumble up the low ridge to where they stood. At the top of the ridge she was met with the disturbing scene of Quevo holding Q by his collar and shaking him like a rag doll.

“Where is she? Where is my sister, Queva?” Quevo yelled psychotically.

“I’m right here” Queva panted, still gripping her wound.

Quevo threw Q’s body to the side and Q grunted loudly in pain.

“You must come home.” Quevo commanded.

“You must leave.” Queva said creating a large aurora sphere and threw it at him.

It landed in front of him creating a large cloud of dust and a crater. She sent another one at him that hit him square in his chest and sent him flying. Queva collapsed to her knees from pain and blood loss, but she still dragged herself to Q, who lay in a pool of blood.

“Q…you still with me?” Queva asked.

“Yeah” He whispered so softly you could barely hear him.

“I’m going to save you, even if it kills me.” Queva said sobbing.

“No!” Q argued.

“Hush, don’t talk. Save your energy if wish to save me. Close your eyes. Trans bi. She said as Q did as he was told.
She placed a tender hand on his wound. As she breathed out a small shock went through her body. The marks on the back of their necks started to glow, and from her hands a small gold light appeared and from Q’s wound a similar gold light appeared but as a weak strand. The two ends of the light touched and connected as a third light appeared from Queva’s abdomen and created a barrier. As the two strands wrapped around themselves one more time, Queva was struck with an unbelievable pain, but she didn’t break the connection. If she did then both of them would die. Then the lights disappeared, Q’s breathing leveled out, and his eyes opened.
“What did you do?” Q asked seeing that his wound was gone.
“I did as I said I would”, Queva said, her breathing shallow; “I would save you even if it kills me. I love you, Q.”
With that Queva fell on top of Q barely breathing.
“Queva?” Q asked pushing her off of him, “Queva, are you okay?”
He gasped in horror as he looked at the gaping knife wound in her chest right between her ribcage….
End

The author's comments:
if you have any question about this piece don't hesiate to ask. i hope you enjoy.