This Monster Inside of Me | Teen Ink

This Monster Inside of Me

By LunaIsNotHere BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
LunaIsNotHere BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

"I admire the concept of selling your soul for the sake of an unforgettable performance"

I feel trapped...as if I'm locked in a box. Or perhaps I'm trapping something? Something like a monster. I'm trapping a monster inside my body that most would identify as a scream. A very loud, painful scream. It's just wanting to get out, and fast. Destroying the interior of my body. Scratching at my inside's with every chance it gets. Will I let it out? SHOULD I let it out? What will become of my surroundings if I let this terrible monster on the loose?

I ran up to my bedroom, slammed the door and leaped on my bed. Slightly panting out of breath from all the running, and battling with this creature, I wept and wept. I dug my face into my pillow as far as it would go and I let out a loud, powerful, disturbing scream. I yelled so loud...but no one could hear me. Not a one! I lifted my face from the depth of despair I had just recently visited. I wiped away my tears and slowly got out of my cold bed and stood up. I knelt down on my knees and drew a picture, right on the floor! I drew what I was feeling at that very moment. I drew....relief...and finally I could breathe again.

No more monster consuming my soul, no more pain. I'm free at last, and I am...happy. :)

LunaIsNotHere BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Uhhhh heyy?

hi778 said...
hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

SomethingLikeFire BRONZE, Mchenry, Illinois
1 article 1 photo 47 comments

"Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?" -
-- The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

its a well written piece but it could go somewhere...

elanore said...
elanore, Massapequa Park, New York

say what you want to say and have no regrets

it is welll written but were is it going

write more explain your sorrow and despair

TragicMagic SILVER, Smiths Grove, Kentucky

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts...and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

i dont really know what to say, i mean, we all feel this way occaisionly so, i guess what my point is that its a really well written article.