Deadless (part 1)

Hi, my name is Draconis. If you're reading this you are in terrible danger. So stop right now, unless you like a good action – adventure, gory, romance story. O.K., but I warned you.

My story starts when I was on a field trip with my class. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a history project, and we needed to pick a Greek god to do it on. I don't know why, but for some reason, I had an interest in Hades, the god of death. I picked him because I felt a connection to him, like I had known him since I was a baby, like he was my father or something. But that couldn't possibly be true, since my father had died before I was even born, and also the gods had never really existed.

My mother had told me that my father had died in a fire at work. I had never really cared that much about his death and me mother had scolded me for it. I had actually laughed when my mother told me this.

I know what you're thinking. “He's a mean, heartless person who laughs at his own fathers death.” Well when you read the rest of this, you will think otherwise.

After we had left the museum and went home, I found that my mom wasn't home. The whole place was in ruins. There was debris everywhere. The carpet had red spots all over it that looked very similar to blood. I looked around frantically searching for her. “Mom, MOM.” There was no one home. I could have sworn that I saw shadows or dark figures move around the house, but I couldn't be sure.

After an hour of laughing, which should have been crying, I assumed that my mother was dead. Now both of my parents were dead. I emptied my school bag and filled it with all of the money that I could find around the house, some food, my pocket knife, which my mother had given me when I was 5. “It will keep you safe, never lose it. Then I packed some extra clothing and some food.

I had my knife drawn and when I had started to leave, something jumped out at me. I have quick reflexes, so on instinct; I turned and slashed the creature. I was surprised when the creature, which had looked like a moving shadow, had turned into a pile of gold dust. Then I had kind of known why my mother had wanted me never to lose it. Then I headed out into the world alone.

1291815This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 10:57 am
dude u just completly ripped off percy jackson

CrazyKid56 said...
Nov. 9, 2010 at 7:55 am
Well first of all, this story sounds to similar to the Lightning Thief and second it was too short. Not very much or any backround. We dont even know who the main character or even if its a female or male...