Sapphire: chapter one | Teen Ink

Sapphire: chapter one

July 6, 2010
By KiraS. SILVER, Newburgh, Indiana
KiraS. SILVER, Newburgh, Indiana
6 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself."- J.K.Rowling


It started out as an ordinary day. Christine had picked me up in the morning, as usual. We went to our school, Woodward High School, home of the Polar Bears.
Ordinary classes (Christine was in all of mine with me). Same old boring teachers You know, normal.
At the end of the day we went to get some ice cream like we always did after school. We stayed there, flirting with guys, eating ice cream, having a good time, for about an hour. Then Christine and I left so Christine could take me home.
All right. Now, I'm gonna shut up and you just pay attention.
"Hey Saph?" that's Christine.
"Yeah?" and now me.
"Will you help me study for that History Test on Thursday?"
"Sure Christy. Or, you know who could help you? That cute blonde from the ice cream shop!"
"Oh wow, Saph! I don't even know his NAME, much less hiis phone number to call him!" Christine shoved me jokingly.
"You could post an ad in the paper," i suggested. "Ahh, yes. I can see now! 'Wanted: Cute Blonde Male who hangs out at local ice cream shops.'"
You know I'll never forget that conversation. It'll probably be engraved into my brain forever.
So, there we were, laughing and joking, when the world turned to pain and fire around us.

The author's comments:
i hope you like my work. this might turn into a published book of mine. so really, you're getting a sneak peek at the first few chapters.