Sapphire: Prologue | Teen Ink

Sapphire: Prologue

By KiraS. SILVER, Newburgh, Indiana
KiraS. SILVER, Newburgh, Indiana

"Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself."- J.K.Rowling

Prologue

You know how some teenagers constantly complain about how their parents “ruin their lives”? Believe me, they don’t know the half of it.

I guess part of it’s my fault, but most of the blame belongs to my dad. He couldn’t have foreseen what happened, but because of him my best friend is dead.

Oh, I’m sorry, where are my manners? You don’t know who I am do you? Hello, I’m Sasha, Sasha Adams. I hate my name though, so my friends call me Sapphire because of my earrings. I never take them off, so it became my nickname.

My dad, Robert Adams, is the manager of the Davis-Besse Power Plant. Because of this my family bought a house as close to the plant as possible.

I’m only fifteen, so I don’t have my driver’s license yet. My best friend, Christine, used to pick me up and drive me to school each day. To get to our school, you have to pass the power plant. That’s part one of why I hate my father. Part two is, he’s the manager. He’s supposed to keep things like this from happening.

There I go again, getting ahead of myself. You need to know what happened to understand. I’ll go ahead and tell you my side of the story.

Allright, go potty, make your popcorn, get your candy and your soda. But hurry up and get comfortable.

The flashback is about to start.

KiraS. SILVER said...
on Jul. 8 2010 at 8:02 pm
KiraS. SILVER, Newburgh, Indiana

thanks u guys! ok, be honest, does the whole "Sapphire" name thing sound corny?

on Jun. 29 2010 at 8:47 pm
live.laugh.write BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” -Dr. Seuss

Seems interesting! Keep writing! :)

on Jun. 21 2010 at 12:36 pm
letmekeepthis GOLD, Mount Juliet, Tennessee

"whats past is prologue" - shakespeare

oh i love this!!! its got like that kind of smart a**b**** appeal to it that i love!! keep writing!! (: