Cooky Congo | Teen Ink

Cooky Congo

By ebero9 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
ebero9 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Dwell as near as possible to the channel in which your life flows." -Henry David Thoreau

The apa leaves shaded the UVA rays from bleaching my ebony coat. I lived high. Away from people and away from harm (for the most part). Luckily the Congo had unreachable height. I swung. From anguoma to rachis, hundreds of meters in the air. Mating with a higher social rank and aggressive Bonobo. Up there, the ladies set the status. I would follow her to the lowland evergreens for our grub. A young monkey would make us chatter. Yum! The echoes bellowed off the corkwood.

The bushmens black sticks made it hard to sleep. It was different than before, more apparent. The arbitrary chilling lights that shook our branches became unavoidable. The black sticks made my nose tingle and did not belong here. We belonged here. This was our home. Our fresh home. Not theirs. Two of the sticks began climbing. I did not know they could climb. As the rose, the thunder and sparks started to go off.

on Nov. 3 2010 at 6:10 pm
SMWells PLATINUM, Carlisle, South Carolina

Some truths best left unspoken.

It's not to short.I don't know why people are alwase saying that.

on Aug. 12 2010 at 2:07 pm
AEAluvsanimals SILVER, Yorba Linda, California

"All creatures bleed the same blood. He who spills the blood of any of god's creatures, he spills the blood of man." - Private Journals , Landerath
Dragon's Milk.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."- Dumbledore
Harry Potter 1

Waah to short. I like it. It has rythym and paints a vibrant picture of the cooky congo.

Plz Check out http://capybaraunicorni.wordpress.com/

subscribe if you like