The Blades Chronicles- Moon: Chapter 1: A Legend | Teen Ink

The Blades Chronicles- Moon: Chapter 1: A Legend

By ElementBlade BRONZE, Eureka, California
ElementBlade BRONZE, Eureka, California

"Leave me alone! Go play with your dolls!"... I don't play with dolls...''' Marcus Kenny, The Blades Chronicles

Rain, Fire, Wind, Moon, and Sun the five blades that hold this land together. But now the balance has been disturbed between them. Without the balance of the swords, this land may be destroyed along with its people. Only one thing can stop this…..
“Man this book is so tiring I can’t stand it. My name is Marcus Kenny I am 15 years old. I’ve got sleek brown hair and a knack for adventure. I have a little brother named Max who turned 11 years old not too long ago. My Mom, Max, and I live in a small town called Wingall just along the border of Canada. We have two seasons here rainy or snowy. My dad went to war ten years ago and has not replied to any of my letters that I have sent, until the night of my brother’s 11th birthday.”

It was a cold and rainy day. I was upstairs in my bedroom. I could hear the rain pelting against the window. It was distracting me from writing another letter to dad. The post office only stayed open until 4:00pm. Max and I had just finished eating another one of my mother’s attempts a cooking. Mom was now baking a cake for Max’s birthday. I knew I needed to hurry and finish the letter to mail it off in time. Twenty minutes later, I finally finished it. The smell of chocolate cake filled the house and made my tummy grumble. I slipped on my jacket and walked into the kitchen.
“Mom I am headed to post office, I will be back in few minutes” I said, as I was slipping on my shoes. I could feel the cold flowing through my body as soon as I opened the door.

My socks were soaked within minutes of walking. The post office was only a short walk, but it seemed like an hour in the rain. When I finally reached the place, the heat coming from the wood stove was a relief. Mrs. Anderson was stoking the fire as I walked in.
“Oh hello Marcus, are you here to send another letter to your father,” said Mrs. Anderson. “Yes, I do have a letter” I said. As I was handing her the letter, a big package sitting behind the desk caught my eye. Just then, Mrs. Anderson said,
“Oh my goodness, I almost forgot, this came in for you today.” She reached behind the desk and handed over the package.
“Careful it’s really heavy, do you need any help carrying it back home?”
“No I’ve got it, its fine.” I said. “Thank you Mrs. Anderson.”
“Oh you’re welcome.” she said. I opened the door and stepped back out into the chilly afternoon. I walked quickly back home to prevent the package from getting too wet. The postmark on the package was from Europe, which is where my dad was deployed. I knew that it must be from him. My shoulders were aching in pain, by the time I got home. Max came into the living room, just as I was setting the package down on the floor.
“No Max, I think it’s a surprise for you, don’t look.” Max turned around and started walking backwards to his room.
“Bothers are so weird.” I said out loud.

I look closer at the postmark on the package; it was definitely forming dad no doubt about it. Taking the tape off that was holding it together I nosiest a strange light coming form the inside of the box. Lifting the lid with caution I was not sure what my dad has bin doing for the last ten years but whatever is in this package must be very important. Suddenly the light stopped when the lid was completely off. There where three smaller packages in side. One was a small circle and another was a cube but the third was the biggest and the heaviest. The third was the one that I thought was lighting up, I was right to. The first two small packages said that they where to Max but the one big one said it was for me.
“That’s strange.” I said out loud. I covered my mouth quickly with my hand as I was trying to hide the big package from my mom. My Mom is always up tight were there is something strange going on.
“What happened, Mar dear?” my Mom said from the door way.
“Nothing Mom, I was just talking to myself.” I said slipping the package under the sofa.
“Ok honey” she said walking back to the kitchen to finish making Max’s birthday cake.
“Man that was close” I thought as I pulled the package out from under the sofa.
“Why would dad send me a present to me?” I asked myself. I started to take off the wrapping paper, though the paper I could see a glow of gold and red form the case.
I peeled the rest of the paper off the case to revel a gold plated with titanium lettering of so other language and on the top of the case was a full platinum crescent moon with a gold border. The case was about 5 feet long and 1 foot across. I could not really tell what was in the case but it looked like a nice box for a very nice sword.

This is the first chapter of Marcus Kenny's story in The Blade Chronicles Moon.

ElementBlade BRONZE, Eureka, California

Thank, I will look in to that. I type fast so some time I pass over things like that. I just posted the next chapter so you can read more.

Element Blade---

JoetheBlanc GOLD, Roswell, Georgia

"the shadow proves the sunshine!"

The use of foreshadowing was pretty amazing. you should try to proofread your writing- your type "form" instead of "from" a lot, and leave out commas. Don't worry, i do it all the time. i'd like to see more of this series.