Silent Walk Home | Teen Ink

Silent Walk Home

It was a still night perfect for a kidnapping. I was walking home from the night shift and it felt like something was following me. I turned my head around and I did not see anything behind me. I sped up my walking just a little bit more. I started hearing more footsteps then my own. I was blood-shot cold when I heard a voice saying, “come here and tell me where my money is kid.”

It was a crackly voice; it was like the sound of a person scratching on a chalkboard. I started to jog home when a dreadful hand came over my shoulder and a bag came over my head. Kicking, hitting, screaming…. But no one heard me and then a car started moving.
I heard nothing; I was cold, hungry, and scared. The only thing I could think about was “how am I going to get out of here? Where am I? When will I see another living soul?”

I wonder why someone would do this to me; I do not now anybody that would do this to me. Footsteps filled the room; water poured all over my bag and then it was ripped off. My eyes started to burn from the light. Then he pushed over my chair and then he stood over me. “Why are you doing this to me?”
“You took something from me and I want it back!”
“I don’t even know you how could I do that?”
“You know what you took and you’re hiding it!”
‘Slap’ “ouch I’m hiding nothing!”
“Be back here in 24 hours with my money or I’ll find you and it won’t be pretty.”

I ran as fast as I could to my house to dig up some money. If I did not take it then how much money do I have to give him? I got in my car and drove to the airport. “One ticket for Germany please.”
Then I took off and ran away.
I was safe at last looking over the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. I rented a hotel when I got there and went to sleep. When I woke up, he was standing over me
“How did you find me?”
“I tracked your credit card to this room and been waiting for you to wake up.”
“Please no don’t hurt me! I never even took your money!”
“I told you 24 hours or I’ll find you and it wouldn’t be pretty”
“I told you I never took it! You have the wrong guy!”
‘Whack’ “I saw you take it with my own eyes.”
“I don’t know what you are talking about I’ll pay you back the money if you let me go.”
“You took one-hundred thousand dollars from me pay me back at the airport tomorrow or I’ll find you again.”

I started to run away and caught a cab. I went straight to the police department.
“Help me please there is a maniac out there that’s going to kill me if I don’t give him one-hundred thousand dollars!”
“We are going to help you but tell us where you have to meet him.”
“I have to meet him at the airport at seven in the morning.”
“We’ll follow you so you can tell who to take out.”
“Thank you so much for helping me.”

I met up with the cop at 6:50 A.M to hunt done the person.
“That’s him right there go get him.”
“You put your hands behind your head and get on yours knees.”
“You’ll pay for this I swear I will find you.”

Five years later, I was walking to my brand new house with my family when I heard footsteps again. I turned around and saw a jogger walking a dog. I had a flash back about the maniac. It was going all back through my head. I had a tremble.
“At least that will never happen again,” I said as we walked into our beautiful new home.