Two Girls | Teen Ink

Two Girls

By AlyssaFama SILVER, Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
AlyssaFama SILVER, Kunkletown, Pennsylvania

Most people want to be the sun that brightens your day. I'd rather be the moon that shines down on you in your darkest hour.

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was out, the birds were chirping, and the trees looked beautiful with early morning dew on their leaves.

Yeah, right.
If I ever heard a morning like that, it’d be from a book. My mornings where never like that. Ever.

Especially this morning. I had woken up an extra ten minutes later than usual, and my hair was frizzier than ever. I had to run out of the house in my worst pair of jeans and my dirty hoodie. So far, it wasn’t a good morning.

As I walked down my street to my bus stop, it annoyed me at how everything was so…chirpy. It was late in the fall and it was a pretty warm for a day in November. My birthday had been weeks ago, and yet I felt like nothing had changed. I was fifteen now. That had to mean something.

I stopped walking as I came to my neighbor’s house. He only lived two doors down from me, so the bus driver said we’d get picked up at his place. I didn’t mind. Usually I liked my morning walks down to his house.

I waited impatiently for the bus to come up the hill and looked behind me to see where my neighbor Kris was.

I heard the bus’s engine and looked behind me to see it going up the hill to pick up its first stop. I rolled my eyes and said, “You have got to be kidding me.”

I rubbed my forehead with my hand and knew that today wasn’t going to go well at all. I breathed in deeply and snapped my eyes open as I saw a white van come tearing down the street and headed straight for me. I jumped back and watched as the van drove half onto the driveway, half onto the grass. The van door slid open and I saw my best friends head pop out and look at me. When my eyes met hers, she smiled mischievously and said, “Get in.”

on Jun. 16 2011 at 7:40 am

thanks so much! :]

LoveLikeCrazy SILVER, Elizabethtown, North Carolina

We make the dragons as we make the gods, because we need them, because somewhere deep in our hearts, we recognize that a world without them is a world not living in.
No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world wihtout magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith.

<3 it:)

aww thanks so much! that means the world to me <3

SageSin GOLD said...
on Apr. 6 2010 at 9:44 am
SageSin GOLD, Oaklawn, Illinois

"Accept everything about yourself. I mean everything. You are you, and that is the beginning and the end; No apologies, no regrets."

What a great piece! I RESPECT YOU! What your friend did is ALOT like something I would Do!AMAZINGNESS (breaks mouse from clicking favorites)

////,...,^  <----this is fang he says bootyiful!

_NoAir_ BRONZE said...
_NoAir_ BRONZE, Toronto, Other

There are as many ways to live as there are people in this world. Each one deserves a closer look.

–Golly (Harriet The Spy)

So will I! I need some work to read, so yah. Lol!

XD

_NoAir_ BRONZE said...
_NoAir_ BRONZE, Toronto, Other

–Golly (Harriet The Spy)

Love this!!

MusicIsLife013 SILVER, New York, New York

"Light, like the flutter of wings, feel your hollow voice rushing into me
As you're longing to sing" -AFI

"Here we go again, I kinda wanna be more than friends, so take it easy on me I'm afraid you're never satisfied." -Neon Trees

lol well thank you :)

on Mar. 29 2010 at 3:25 am
Rosalie PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee

-you have many to learn but nothing to lose.
-the hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else...
-good girls are bad girls that dont get caught.

great beginning!

you could start a whole series!

alright i will!

on Mar. 27 2010 at 11:17 am

As you're longing to sing" -AFI

I agree :)

please check out some of my work, guys!

HappySappy SILVER, Berlin Heights, Ohio

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

i think you should add more because this is a really good setup for something suspenful!!

Riley141 GOLD said...
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

This was good I liked it but I was kinda left wanting more of it.

ksums BRONZE said...
ksums BRONZE, Oregon, Wisconsin

If you aim for the moon, and you fall short, you will be among the stars

I really hope there is more to this story, it is very good. Even if there isn't the story is still great

on Mar. 19 2010 at 9:24 am
katieharris BRONZE, Bloomington, Illinois
1 article 1 photo 3 comments

"I am art."

hah, i liked it!

:D