Reborn: New Beginning Prologue | Teen Ink

Reborn: New Beginning Prologue

September 30, 2009
By itskelsey! BRONZE, Eh, Pennsylvania
itskelsey! BRONZE, Eh, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everything I had ever known was gone. Over. I could never go back now.

I was changed forever. There’s no way I could go back to the normal life I so desperately wanted.

Nothing seemed to make sense anymore. Everything came out in strange whirls in my head, too complex to decipher. I couldn’t see them; I couldn’t see the people who meant everything to me, the people who I loved and missed so much.

All because of what I had become.

These unfamiliar faces surround me, and expect so many things from me. I didn’t know what I would tell them. I wasn’t this…thing that they claimed I was. I was only a girl; a normal teenage girl, who happened to fall into the wrong crowd.

I lay on the cold, damp ground underneath a pale sky. Trees loomed over my unmoving body as I opened my new aching eyes. Four pale figures crouched on either side of me, mumbling low questions that I was unable to hear. I struggled to pull myself up and ask who they were, until they noticed I was conscious. I pretty girl with mahogany colored curls and bright yellow eyes grinned enthusiastically.

“Welcome.” She said.

I reached out to her, and froze. I pulled my hand back to my face to study it better.

I was pale, too. My fingers were slender and careful. I twisted my hand around and sat up as I examined it. Out of the corner of my eyes, the figures shifted to spring, in case I attacked.

I twisted so I was on my knees, and examined the rest of my arms. Everything visible was pale. Finally, I felt my face. I hadn’t noticed, but my eyes were sore: like I had stared at something too long. I looked up at the figures.

“What’s happened to me?” I mouthed silently.

The figures relaxed, and stood formally around me. The girl looked at me with her bright eyes, and smiled excitedly. None of them said anything.

That was the night I became a wanderer.


The author's comments:
This is only the prologue, let me know if your interested. I already have more written.

thank you :)