Adventure Island | Teen Ink

Adventure Island

By cubs4397 BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan
cubs4397 BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan

yes

Jack W

hour
Snapshot/Thought shot paper/expanded moment

“The Indian Island”

The crystal clear blue water surrounded the outside of the metal submarine as it soared through the water searching. What started out as a brown speck started to get bigger, and bigger, and bigger. Then he realized what it was. It was a tropical island.

John Smith pushed the button to make the submarine named “The Tiger” submerge above water. He then moved it forward. Hmmmm, where should I stop this? He thought to himself. I know, on the beach, so he did. (thoughtshot) He got his back pack of survival gear, opened the top hatch, and climbed out. He looked around at all the palm trees, flowers, and colorful birds. (snapshot) He set up a tent and a campfire.

“Beautiful.” he declared to him self.

John then started to go through the rain forest. He saw a lot of reptiles and monkeys. He then started to go to the center of the forest. He discovered something that amazed him. It was a city full of Indians!

John was cautious because he thought they might attack him. One man saw him, and took him in with open arms. The people in the city had never seen a white man before, so they worshiped him as a God. They lead him to a temple, where he sat on a throne, and people bowed to him. They showed him rooms with important paintings and sculptures. Finally, they showed him a room with the greatest treasure they had. The treasure was a golden skull. It glistened with diamonds in the eyes of it. The gold color was so bright, it was almost like you needed sun glasses to see it. (em) John knew he had to take it and bring it back to the U.S. So, that night he was going to get up, and steal it. Finally the moment came, he rose at what he thought was 2 A.M. He entered the room and picked up the skull. He then turned around. Standing there were two citizens of the city and their mouths were wide open. John was so startled he threw the skull to the ground, pushed the people out of the way, ran all the way to his sub, opened the hatch, turned on the sub, and then he saw Indians with bows and arrows. He flew into reverse, turned around, went underwater , and never returned again.

This is sweet

shytown6757 said...
I'm a little confused by the (em) and such. All the ( ) words is a tad confusing.

Pretty good.

I like the ending!

haha1212 said...
this is a great story!