story starter 2 | Teen Ink

story starter 2

February 10, 2019
By gavun BRONZE, Barrington, New Hampshire
gavun BRONZE, Barrington, New Hampshire
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What could possibly go wrong?


Is exactly what Joe said when he looked down at the seemingly overwhelming jump across the canyon. Joe's stunt coordinators had assured him that it would be perfectly safe. They had calculated everything down to the last centimeter and had a whole team working around the clock to make sure the jump went smoothly. The big jump had been on Joe’s mind for weeks. There would be thousands of people spectating and millions watching from home. Joe would make enough money from this last jump that he would finally be able to retire. He was going to do a huge jump over the Grand Canyon on a motorcycle. Joe had been nervous all week long, and he was going live in ten minutes. He could feel the sweat pouring down his forehead. Then he heard the words he had been fearing all day long 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 goooooooooooo! He knew what he had to do. Joe accelerated as quickly as possible to guarantee as much air time as possible. He knew he had to be going at least 90 miles per hour to make it over. He read his advanced gauges, 100 50 25 feet till the end. He was flying. Then he landed. He thanked everybody for being there and supporting him. Suddenly, he blacked out.  He had had a heart attack. He was immediately rushed to the E.R and after hours of care he was saved. When he woke up he thought to himself, I don’t think it is possible to have a more action packed day than this!


The author's comments: