Bridgewater College | Teen Ink

Bridgewater College MAG

By Anonymous

   Bridgewater, VA: After a six and a half hour drive from our home in upstate New York, we approached this small town. It was an unusually warm January afternoon when we arrived. I didn't know what to expect.

As soon as I got out of the car, we saw a professor crossing the campus, and even though he didn't know us, he gave us a big hello as he walked by. This came as a total shock to me because, coming from New York, I rarely see even a smile from a stranger who walks by.

My first stop was looking over the athletic fields and other facilities. I met the Athletic Director, who took the time to walk us to the football office. There, an assistant football coach sat down with us and answered any questions we had about the college. Enjoying this hospitality, I knew that Bridgewater was the place for me.

The actual visitation day started with a performance by the school band. Next, there was a question and answer session with the students and college president. All of the students were more than willing to share their experiences with the prospective students. Hearing of all the possibilities that this small college offers, I know that I could be happy here.

Bridgewater has just finished networking all of the college computers and is in the process of building a new science facility. The library is up-to-date with computers and other new technology. Eating areas and the student union are very comfortable.

The town itself is very much a "college town." Bridgewater is a small town, but Harrisburg (a large city) only 11 miles away. The setting is ideal: students can have the best of both worlds, a small town with easy access to a major city. Anyone interested in a small college should take a look at Bridgewater of Virginia. f




Reviewed in 1995