State University At Stony Brook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Stony Brook, NY: I went to visit my brother at the State University of New York at Stony Brook for four days during my mid-winter break. It is located on Long Island. While I was there, he introduced me to his friends, showed me around the campus and took me to a couple of classes.

Stony Brook is a pleasant and quiet city. The students on campus are really friendly. There is always something to do. On campus, you can do anything from going out to eat with a friend, to working out in one of the new sports complexes, to hanging out with your friends. You can also see a different movie every week in a lecture room. Off campus, you can go to a mall ten minutes away by car or even go into Manhattan. There are also a number of fraternities and sororities you can join and socialize at.

The dorms are really nice, and you have the option to be in a "quiet" hall, where there is no loud music or disturbances after 8 p.m. The other halls may play loud music and there is always someone with whom you can listen music or watch television.

The classes range from a student to teacher ratio of about 20: 1 to 200: 1. The larger classes are usually held in lecture halls where you listen and take notes.

Stony Brook is a very reputable school. It has excellent science programs for those thinking about a major in the science field.

If you want a college where you can meet a lot of new people, have fun, and get a good education, the State University at Stony Brook might be the right college for you. f

Reviewed in 1995

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 11:58 pm
i love this !