University Of Maryland This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

College Park, MD: If you're looking for a college with a reputation for having a good academic program, a gorgeous campus, and great sports, you need look no further than the University of Maryland.

For three days and nights, I lived the Maryland experience, staying in the biggest fraternity house on campus. It was like nothing I've ever before encountered. The first thing that struck me about Maryland was its beautiful and spacious campus. Every single building is made of beautiful bricks and is quite modern and quite large. If you happen to get lost, you can ask anyone on campus, because U. of Maryland students are the most genuinely friendly people I've ever met.

After a hard day's work at school, you'll most likely see the students getting rid of their stress in the form of the biggest parties on any college campus. Maryland's fraternity row, which as been voted the nicest in the U.S., is home to almost 50 fraternities and sororities. However, this should take nothing away from the residence halls because they're beautiful as well! Whether they're at a football or basketball game, passing their mascot the Terp (which is some odd sort of fighting turtle), as well as students, through the stands is a fun favorite. Going to parties or just walking around campus, you'll never have trouble finding a good time at Maryland. f

Reviewed in 1995