Assumption This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Worcester, MA: Assumption College is a co-educational Roman Catholic college that offers a variety of courses. I first heard of Assumption when my brother applied to college. At first I did not think much about it, but when I started my college search I took great interest in Assumption.

If you are looking for a small, private college in a suburban area, then Assumption is for you. Class sizes range from 20 to 30 students. Assumption offers opportunities beyond the classroom, including an internship that fits your major.

Assumption has a program called The Worcester Consortium which enables you to use facilities at ten other colleges in the Worcester area, including Holy Cross, Worcester PolyTech

and Becker College. At Assumption, you also have a chance to study abroad in many foreign countries.

Assumption offers a wide variety of clubs and activities. The varsity sports teams compete in NCAA Division II and are charter members of the North-east 10 Conference, which includes Quinnipiac, Stonehill and St. Anselm. There is a chance for all students to participate in sports with Assumption's great intramural program. Assumption's sports gymnasium includes a six-lane swimming pool, a jogging/walking track, three full-serve multipurpose courts, four racquetball courts with a viewing area, a mirrored aerobic/dance studio, a fully equipped fitness center and free weights.

You are not going to be able to tell by reading this article if Assumption is right for you. So take my advice - go visit Assumption. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed in 1996