Connecticut College | Teen Ink

Connecticut College MAG

By Anonymous

   New London, CT: Connecticut College is a coeducational liberal arts college with approximately 1600 students from all over the United States and over 50 countries. Connecticut College is located in southern New England, overlooking the Thames River and Long Island Sound, two miles from downtown New London, Connecticut. The stone architecture and exquisite landscaping adds to the beauty of this college campus. I have visited Connecticut College many times and the college continues to impress me with its student diversity, opportunities and superb campus.

Connecticut College offers over 850 courses and over 40 majors. A student may also self-design a major reflecting personal interest. The student-to-faculty ratio is 11 to 1, which truly demonstrates the access of the faculty to their students. The college also offers the opportunity for a student to travel, teach and study abroad.

Connecticut College is a member of the NCAA Division III, the Eastern College Athletic Conference and the New England Small College Athletic Conference. If you want to stay active and not feel the stress of a Division Three school, they also offer intramural sports. More than 1,000 students, faculty and staff compete in these sports.

Connecticut College is an ideal learning environment. The many opportunities available to the students are immense and various. It also has diversity among students and faculty. One always feels welcomed at this pleasant college, whether you are visiting or enrolled. It is clear that Connecticut College not only fulfills the educational requirements, but also prepares you for life in the real world. Every student knows that preparation for the real world begins with a diploma, but more important, with hands-on experience and taking advantage of all opportunities at hand. f




Reviewed in 1997