Flagler College | Teen Ink

Flagler College MAG

St. Augustine, FL: Flagler College began as the Hotel Ponce de Leon in the small, beautiful town ofSt. Au-gustine. The hotel building is now the girls' dormitories. Flagler wasfounded as a women's college in 1963 and became co-educational in1971.

Flagler is an excellent choice for an education major. It offersmany challenging courses for future teachers and has a widely acclaimed Deafeducation program. Its tuition is quite affordable; this year it was $9,930. Themost amazing thing about Flagler is its breathtaking campus, which has a largefountain in the middle of the square.

There are a wide variety ofactivities for students such as the Surf Club, Model United Nations and anewspaper. Students also have the option of participating in one of Flagler'seleven Division III sports teams. For those with a tan in mind, lounging at thepool or nearby beach is another option. Flagler is on one of the most beautifulbeaches I've ever seen; radios played while students surfed, played volleyballand swam.

Everyone was very friendly when we toured the campus. The onlydownfall are the strict rules. The college has a no-tolerance policy on alcoholand male students are not allowed in female rooms (and vice versa). Before youcheck this college off your list, though, you should visit. I guarantee theminute you step onto the beach, Flagler will rise to the top.

Reviewed in 2000

i love this !