Tufts University | Teen Ink

Tufts University MAG

Medford, MA: When I had theopportunity to visit several schools, I included Tufts University. Founded in1852, Tufts is a most selective, world-class university with both undergraduateand graduate students.

Tufts has a beautiful campus, with greenery and apleasant atmosphere. My family and I went on a tour; our guide was informative,friendly and offered insight on many aspects of the university. With storiesabout elephants [the mascot] and quizzes about architecture, the tour was notonly informative but entertaining.

The College of Engineering and theCollege of Liberal Arts are open to undergraduates. The New England Conservatoryof Music and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts also allow their students tostudy at the College of Liberal Arts. Tufts has more than 40 academicdepartments, and students have the option of double majors and creating their ownmajor.

In addition to academics, Tufts appears to have an activecommunity, with numerous clubs, groups and intramural sports. The majority ofstudents live on campus, and the dorms seem nice. Although I did not get to trythe food, the tour guide assured us there is a large variety that is verygood.

Overall, Tufts seems like an excellent university, and reflects agood feeling. The area is beautiful, the people friendly and helpful, and theacademics strong. I recommend Tufts University.

i love this !