St. Mary's College of California | Teen Ink

St. Mary's College of California MAG

By Anonymous

    Moraga, CA: St.Mary's College of California is a small Catholic liberal arts school inthe middle of everything. The 420-acre campus is located in the hills ofMoraga, eight miles east of Berkeley and 20 miles from San Francisco.

A great location is not all St. Mary's has to offer. With only2,300 undergraduates, its small size is a great advantage. The collegeoffers 26 majors and pre-professional programs while keeping itsstudent/faculty ratio at 13:1 and average class size at 20; no class hasmore than 40 students.

Being a liberal arts and LasallianCatholic college, St. Mary's takes seriously its commitment towell-rounded education. There are many opportunities to explore a fieldor hobby of interest that may not necessarily relate to your major. TheCollegiate Seminar allows a small group of students to discuss issues,voice opinions and learn to express themselves effectively. There isalso an intensive January Term.

Outside the world of academia,St. Mary's offers a wide variety of activities. The Gaels play NCAADivision I, but there are also many clubs and intramurals for those whoenjoy competing on the recreational level.

There are hundredsmore reasons why St. Mary's College of California should be on your listof schools to visit, including its new student union and multi-milliondollar science facilities.

Tuition, room and board run about$23,000 a year, but don't let that bother you because about 70 percentof St. Mary's students receive some form of aid.

Because of allit has to offer, St. Mary's College of California is a great investmentin your future.


Reviewed in 2001