University of Iowa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
    IowaCity, IA: High on my list of colleges is the University of Iowa. Its campus, highlevel of education, and great sports programs are all attractive. Iowa City isbig enough to have things to do, and is also close to other attractions aswell.

The University of Iowa is really attractive, with its 1,900-acreriverfront campus. Almost 30,000 students attend, guaranteeing you'll meet newpeople and try new things.

At Iowa, you will also receive a greateducation. A 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio gives you a better chance ofsucceeding. Within the university, there are eleven colleges. The six that offerundergraduate

courses are Liberal Arts and Sciences; Business Education;Engineering; Nursing; and Pharmacy. About 77 percent of undergraduate classeshave fewer than 30 students.

Another great aspect of Iowa is the sportsprograms. Iowa's 22 Big Ten varsity teams provide more than 175 events to cheerat each year. Iowa fans really love their Hawkeyes. At football and basketballgames, tailgating begins hours before the game. It is easy to get involved. Nineout of ten Iowa undergrads participate in sports and recreation programs eachyear. You can choose from dozens of intramural and club sports.

There arealways plenty of things happening at Iowa, so boredom will never be a factor.With more than 360 student organizations, it's easy to get involved. DowntownIowa City is also right across from campus. The University of Iowa is also lessthan four hours from Chicago and within five hours of Minneapolis, Omaha, KansasCity and St. Louis.

Reviewed in 2003