Cornell University | Teen Ink

Cornell University MAG

Ithaca, NY: When visiting Cornell University, the first thing the tour guide will tell you is “Ezra Cornell founded the college in 1865 and stated that, ‘I would found an institution where any person can find instruction in any study.’” These days, 13,000 undergraduates choose courses from a catalog with over 4,000 classes in seven colleges.

In addition to offering the most majors of any Ivy-League school, Cornell boasts one of the most handsome campuses in the country. The architecture is beautiful, and walking around, you will notice magnificent gorges, trees, waterfalls and rolling hills that comprise the enormous campus. Maybe you’ve seen a friend wearing an “Ithaca is Gorges” shirt. After visiting you will know what they are talking about.

Cornell is also famous for its brutal winters that begin in November and don’t end until April. Despite the bitter cold and the many inches of snow, I never met a student who did not enjoy walking in the snow to classes. Another claim to fame is that Cornell prides itself on having some of the best college food in the nation.

Cornell truly has something for everyone. Whether it’s the more than 500 clubs, the restaurants and shops in College Town, or the 36 Division I sports teams, Cornell is a place of diversity and versatility. Students at Cornell are motivated, courageous, and diligent.

So, if you want one of the best educations in the nation, if you want school spirit (Go Big Red!), if you love winter and want a student body that is beyond motivated, then visit Cornell University. Learn more at cornell.edu.

i love this !