Pip Letter | Teen Ink

Pip Letter

It was a dark and stormy night, the lights were low, everyone was asleep, and I could hear a groaning in the house. I made my way to the kitchen when suddenly BAM! I smack right into someone! I start screaming and totally freak out, that is, until I realize who the person is. Of all people, the person breaking into my house was none other than the CONVICT! He manages to calm me down and promises not to hurt me, but I did make him explain himself. He tells me that he is my benefactor! I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! The convict I met when I was little, who I had all but forgotten about up until now, was responsible for a major change in my life? I had to sit and breath, as this was a lot to take in. The convict told me his name was Magwitch, and that he had been working all these years to get enough money to make me a gentleman, to repay me for getting him a file and that pork pie. My friend, Herbert, came sprinting down the stairs as he had also heard the commotion. After everyone was done talking, I had to take Magwitch into town, and let me tell you, sneaking a convict around is a lot harder than you would think, especially when they want to buy everything!
Magwitch has been living with us for a few days now, and he tells me an interesting story. He tells me about his criminal friend, a man named Compeyson. Compeyson hadn’t gotten nearly as serious of a punishment as Compeyson was respected and looked rich. This bothered me and Magwitch, so we vowed that we would find compeyson, and make him pay.

Inspired by great expectation, pip writes a letter.