I Believe That... | Teen Ink

I Believe That...

September 18, 2014
By Anonymous

My long hairy legs tumbled out of bed. My body sensed strength and demeanor. Months and months of training, all anticipated down to this one day in my life. Today, I planned to run a race that changed my life. I believe that planning ahead of time leads to succeeding in the future. "Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort."

I remember those days in the morning when I tightly tied my blue and lightly tinted green Mizuno's, wore bright under armor clothing, and didn't even comb my hair. I ran with my parents every morning either at the bike path, YMCA, or in our local city. It formed my family to be closer, but to ultimately display myself as a character.

My path of training explicits my courage like Joan of Arc. I was capturing and defending all my advantages and disadvantages through my training.

The day was rainy and cloudy. I realized that the race was coming near when the announcer addressed, "Runners move to your stations".

Glimpsing at my parents, they informed me to "just have fun".

I replied, "I'll make you proud to have a son like me".

Moving toward my station, I noticed that thousands of people were running, and thousands were spectating. My nerves raised to the next level, a level that I had never experienced before.
"Runners set, BOOM", and the race was off.

The first six and a half miles, I composed myself in the simplest of movements : right foot, left foot, right foot. I composed myself in the simplest of actions: run, relax, breathe. My body adjusted in the challenges of the historical Newport roads and the steep inclines.

The next six and a half miles, I picked up my pace just like I had planned. Passing hundreds of runners, I felt great physically, spiritually, and emotionally. It boosted my confidence overall and brought myself back to the top of my age group.

The last one hundred meters was left. My knees were pounding on the road like the rolling waves crushing on the beach. For just a moment, I stopped to listen to my own strong heartbeat. Then, I listened to the spectators cheering me on my journey to the finish.

Inhaling and exhaling at my body's fullest potential, I ran towards the finish. I noticed the clock, and it read a time that was so comforting that I new I had accomplished my goal.

I accomplished my believe when I planned to run the most successful race of my life. I truly will remember this race for the rest of my life. I accomplished one of the most remarkable goals in my life and it will sentiment in the record books.

"Planning ahead is a common key ingredient to a successful story, no matter what the goal maybe". I accomplished my goal, when I successfully completed my first half marathon. Having a plan, not only can help me reach my goals in running, but it can help me accomplish anything known-to-man in the real world.