college essay c | Teen Ink

college essay c

By syddancer BRONZE, Westlake, Texas
syddancer BRONZE, Westlake, Texas

I am at the time in my life where my decisions matter. Each decision must be thought through carefully and meticulously. My high school career should be filled with classes that interest me, and further my knowledge in order to prepare me to choose a career field to enter one day.

I have so many life goals and dream that I want to accomplish. My main goal is to help people. Whatever road I choose, I want to ensure that I will help someone in any way possible. I am very interested in the medical fields. I would absolutely love to travel to Africa as a physician, and administer medicine to those who need it most. I have been so blessed in my life, and I want to be able to give back.

In high school, I have taken various science courses such as biology and chemistry, which will help me in the medical field. Next year, I plan on taking anatomy. If someone plans to enter the medical field, they should know the human body. Biology, chemistry, and anatomy all interest me.

All four years of my high school career, I have been a part of the dance team. I believe everyone should be on a team to learn how to work well with others. Through my experiences, I have learned patience, love, self-control, and discipline. A team of 25 girls creates memories and issues. Each time, I have been faced with decisions that have grown me as a person. In any work setting, a person must be able to work well with others whether they agree with everything or not. This is something I have been taught over and over again. I believe I was placed on this team for reason I am just now discovering.

This summer, I plan on volunteering at a local hospital. If I want to become a doctor, I think it is important that I immerse myself into that environment. If I volunteered, I would be serving my community by helping those in need. I would also gain an inside look into the everyday activities that a doctor participates in. I have volunteered at a treatment facility called Timberline Knolls in Chicago. There, I was given in an insight into the daily activities of a physiatrist, a field I am seriously considering. Those girls needed someone to help them, and love on them. This type of help is something I absolutely love giving.

It is important to find a job that you are interested in. Each class you take should give you an idea of whether or not that field would be the right one for you. As time as gone on, I find myself leaning towards the medical field, and courses associated with that. My lifetime goal is to serve others in any way possible.

on Jun. 14 2013 at 11:53 am
You seem like an intelligent and passionate student, and that's very admirable. However, it is very apparent that you are writing a college essay in that everything you are writing seems scripted. You don't need to explain why you took chemistry and anatomy classes because you want to be a doctor, they can see that in your transcript. Focus on one thing- one specific day volunteering or one performance with the dance team. Good luck!