What I Know To Be True....

"Someone once told me that to write well, you have to write what you know. This is what i know...
-Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed
I always had a fetish with notebooks and pens. Everytime I enter a Walgreens or CVS i always walk out with some a new journal and an array of ball point pens. It wasn't until the second grade when I realized that what I had here was more than an obsession with office supplies.
My second grade teacher and I had an impeccable bond. He was my instructor, my role model, and my hero. (No, I didnt have a little school girl crush on him.) I remember the first time i gave him one of my thrown together work of art (my first short story). When i handed it to him, he gave me his usual corky smirk, it usually meant he knew i was up to something. Well, he sure was right because the short story turned into a passion.
I'm now in Journalism II, and a copy editor of my school's newspaper. But, I write this today not to show you how creative my writing is or to show you my accomplishments. I'm here to tell you that my writing will go far, becuase this i know to be true.