Changes Through the Inner Mirror | Teen Ink

Changes Through the Inner Mirror

I am now a writer. I think. I have learned the things needed to be a writer; I enjoy it now. I like to sit and wonder—and write. It all seems clearer: where I want to go and who I want to be. It is all much easier now. It is hard to imagine my life without my pivotal junior year in which I have turned into a butterfly, a male butterfly that is free to roam the winds created by Aeolos—and rest when dusk falls. And only at that break of twilight, will I be unfocused, because the rest—is just transparent.

I have learned to see things, not as they are, or how they appear, but as how their existence molds my life. Not by their color, nor by their scent, but by the way my breath touches their surface. They do not have a meaning, but rather a purpose that I am destined to decipher. But what I have already found is my mission, my quest for happiness and peace, and my reason to believe--to believe that life is composed of tiny atoms, like the element of gold. And to learn the importance of every particle involved in playing a vital role in the existence of such natural beauty.

I am not exactly sure of where I am at this moment, but I do know where I would have been if I had not taken the challenge. Nowhere—no place of importance. Somehow, the skills I learned in junior English III AP class went beyond my paper and pen and caused a permutation in my perception of life. A change that has almost given me—power. And not power like those of God, but power to know and to account for the things around me. Just enough of it to know that I emptied myself in order to obtain it. I simply gained the power to learn, and perhaps, in another realm of existence, the power to teach. I hope to one day escape my reveries and bring with me the virtues of becoming a great mentor, for that will show the master skill of learning as well as the truth in knowing to precede, and then to prevail.

The world appeared so enigmatic, and now it seems that has only worsened. However, it has become a challenging puzzle that I am eager to parlay, and not a blurred vision of a mournful morning in which I find nothing but questions that seem to have no answer.

Now I wake with the moon, every morning I can, in order to get the most out of life and the most of every moment. I never waste a minute, much less a breath, for my life is the most important thing to me. And you, pedagogue—had the power to alter it.

This journey through the world of art has been an unforgettable one. I have surpassed my fears of writing, and I am no longer scared to read some of the world’s most amazing pieces of literature. It was at the end of this odyssey that I learned the importance of connecting my mind with the minds of others. It has given me the combination to the safe of life.

This will certify that the above work is completely original.