Continuities & Changes Over Time Essay (Silk Road Interactions Between 200 B.C.E – 1450 C.E.) | Teen Ink

Continuities & Changes Over Time Essay (Silk Road Interactions Between 200 B.C.E – 1450 C.E.)

By JacksonDReynolds PLATINUM, Chatsworth, Georgia
JacksonDReynolds PLATINUM, Chatsworth, Georgia

During the period of time between 200 B.C.E. and 1450 C.E., the silk road underwent many subtle transformations while at the same time holding on to its original purpose. The trade of spices and goods to and from Asia and Europe remained constant, while the materials bartered slowly changed. The political boundaries as well as the national identities of the encompassing countries also were altered.
Despite changes in materials, the original purpose of the silk road remained intact throughout this time period. Asian commodities were traded with European merchants along the road and vice versa. Asia’s economy, such as that of China specifically, remained heavily reliant on the money from silk road trade, irregardless of the origin or type of goods that fueled such. Comparably, Europe’s economic status remained fueled by Asian trades.
While the basic purpose of the silk road remained mostly unchanged, the goods traded on it and the areas it went through did. While the silk road originally began on a small scale as a simple route of transport for Eurasian merchants, it later grew into an international necessity, not only economically, but culturally as well. Once exposed to Asian spices, fabrics, etc., Europeans became increasingly “addicted” to their newfound luxuries. This, in addition to Europe having the same effect on Asia, gradually shaped both cultures. Because of the numerous political changes that took place during this expanse of time, the route travelled by silk road merchants passed through new nations formed at the collapse of the Roman Empire. This, in turn, shaped the identities of additional nations/cultures along the path of the silk road.
Overall, the silk road’s basic purpose remained intact from 200 B.C.E. to 1450 C.E., but the specific patterns of interactions that occurred along it did not. Empires fell, new nations were formed, and that brought myriad changes to silk road cultures and the interactions between those that traveled on it.

on Jan. 4 2012 at 12:01 am
i loved this it helped me out big time

Missmegsta said...
This helped me SOOOO much!!! thank gosh i found this. :)

Luluperville said...
on Dec. 1 2011 at 2:25 am
Exactly what kind of political and economical structural changes were there?

In all serious, no disrespect intended it does seem that you use "intelectual vocabulary" to strengthen your paper.  May i suggest that you instead smother the reader with sentence structure that truly brings out the importance of the silk roads.  Also, your conclusion didn't seem too related to the rest of the paper and leaves history lovers like myself unfulfilled.

No offence,

in which box?

KangHyunAh said...
Oops, CCOT*

KangHyunAh18 said...
Omg, I'm so glad I found this! I was totally pulling a blank on my COTT paper for AP World. This was really helpful with figuring out what I could talk about in my paper! ^^

My pleasure!

mary said...
thank you that helped

on Oct. 11 2011 at 7:57 am
Thank you very much :)! I am glad to have been an inspiration and academic resource to you.

kmae123 said...
Honestly, you are one of the most inspiring people I have ever met, yet I have never actually met you. I hope you live a long and successful life.

My pleasure to have been of academic assistance. :)

Well, the person who decided to criticize the paper simply had to go for the technicalities if he or she wished to find fault. Such is obvious. Technically, that individual was correct: "irregardless" is not a dictonary-recognized word, but it is very frequently used in both conversation and writing. His or her error in rewriting the word is not "technically" acceptable, and I thank you for bringing such to his or her attention since they are so concerned with tiny errors such a great deal. My poeronal opinion is that a word does not need to be in the dictionary for it to have a proper place in writing, formal or otherwise. WIlliam Shakespeare invented hundreds of words as well as many names that are now popular. We musn't get too caught up in worrying about insignificant technincalities - it causes us to miss the point of the writing all together. I apprecieate your support.

kmae123 said...
Wait so irregardless isn't a word? F.Y.I the person who quoted your word 'irregardless,' spelled it wrong.  Or can it even be spelled wrong if it isn't a word...I am sooooo NOT looking forward to college.

kmae123 said...
Thank you very much!!! I have to write an essay in AP World tomorrow about the CCOT interactions along the Silk Road from 600 C.E. to 1450 C.E. and this was very helpful.

Feel free to quote directly if you wish; just give me credit for the wording. :)

I'm quite glad that you found it helpful. :)

LeooftheEast said...
Oh, thank the Zeus I found this. I don't bloody remember anything from World History I, so this helps out a lot.

on May. 12 2011 at 4:58 am
Good sir, I am by no means "trying to sound smart" as you so lowly accused me doing. It is my opinion that you came to that conclusion due to the fact that you are yourself miserably cognitively vacuous in the arena of vocabulary :) On another note - my AP Test Essays recived perfect scores :) But thank you for your uninformed critisism anyway :)

what? said...
on May. 10 2011 at 12:11 am

and stop trying to sound smart. try to create a sentence without using words like "ostensibly" unnecessarily and verbosely (look that up because you know your golden words are spent)

and your essay is terrible; all you wrote is that the silk road facilitated trade. absolutely no way this would earn a 7 or a 9. probably a 3 

dude this was a life saver! helped me alot with the facts & stuff...its alot easier to write one of these things when you have an example!