New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Viva Espana

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Adios

Leaving Spain turned out to be a bittersweet experience. Of course, I was eager to get back to my homeland, family and friends sin the United States, but I knew I would miss my new life in Spain. In such a short amount of time I had made a connection with my teachers, Havana, and Eric Spanish teacher, Juana, and my Spanish madre, Teresa. In addition, I felt Spain was a multi-layered country in which I had not yet fully discovered. Even during the final days of our trip, there was still so much more
This is a goodbye.
for me to learn. It was not until one week remained that I realized that the Bugle snack chips I had fallen in love with fifty one days ago were bacon and cheese flavored. This was a combination that I would have never picked had I read the label more closely. Because of Spain I found I was more free to trying things out of my norm. It is true what those who have experienced this passionate country say. Spain does change people. In my case it was for the better. Living in Spain for two months of the winter term was an unbelievable experience. I now know a great deal about Spanish culture, and have become more open to experiencing other cultures.
Viva Espana. When I first started this journey, I hoped I would be able to say this Spanish phrase with as much emotion and enthusiasm as the people who inhabit the rich land on the Iberian Peninsula. My journey has finally come to an end and I now scream Viva Espana! Viva Espana! Long live Spain. It is an alluring, artistic, and diverse, country with a fascinating history. I know one day soon I will again find myself strolling down Spain’s cobble stoned streets. Smelling fresh Tortilla Espanol in the air, I will think to myself, “It is great to be back.”

Dear reader, thank you for listening to my stories of my journey through Spain. I hope you find the tips and lessons I provided useful for when you decide to travel to Spain. As I had shown you in my previous essays, the trip had many high and a few low points. All of these experiences came together to provide for an interesting travel. My highlights of the trip were, watching a Flamenco show, taking Flamenco guitar lessons, living with Teresa, and traveling to the different parts of Spain. I also did so many things that I did not include in this book. I went to a Spanish circus in Segovia, and an aquarium in San Sebastian. I took many hikes with my group, relaxed on the beach in Fuengirola, a tourist town in Andalucia and visited the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao. The point I am trying to make is, although in this guide I give you many tips of places to visit, make sure you discover Spain for yourself. Take the reins of your trip. The last piece of advice I would like to leave you with is: be ready for anything. No matter how prepared you think you maybe, it is impossible to predict the speed bumps that occur along the way. Stay on your toes, keep your head high, and pocket dictionary handy.

It has been a pleasure. Best of luck to you!
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7