New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Life of a 14 Year Old

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

day 5

The 75 foot tower was the most exhilarating but scariest thing anyone has ever done. As you climb up three sets of stairs and each level you climb up you get higher and higher up in the air. As you keep going up and up and up your arms start to feel weak and you get tried as your body starts too tried out. But when you reach the top of the tower, you see an instructor telling each pup how to jump off without getting hurt.
“ Ok now look out into the horizon and keep your eyes open tell you’re about to hit the water , close your eyes’ tight, when take a step off and keep your toe’s pointed down and your hands across your chest and keep your legs closed”
Now it was my turn, I was looking like I wasn’t scared until I walked up to the end of the tower and look down (which is something you should never do).that’s when I got so scared I was about to back down till I got pushed off the tower . Now the view I saw before I hit the cool, cold water. Was the sun shining over the tree tops, and then I look down to see how high I was and when I did that I lost my balance tell the ever end before I hit the water. (Now this whole time everything seem so slow but I was going 20feet per second).now I forgot to close my eyes at the 5 second mark before hitting the water so I saw the water hit my feet and rush like a bull running at you. Then I closed my eyes and the bedridden release into my body and I wanted to do it again and again but we couldn’t.
The part that scared everyone was when this kid who was so scared of heights went off. He freaked out and didn’t go into the water right and hit the side of the pool with his leg and broke every bone in his leg. We didn’t know what he broke till we got him out of the water. But once he hit the water everyone (about 1000+ pups and instructors jumped into the water to save his life. It was like a hundred horses crossing a river all at once to get to food in a hurry. But the rest of the day went better and better and then night time came along and we went to sleep